Dr. Seuss - quirky black lab pup, brain damage, trots like a horse - Poway, CA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Dr. Seuss - quirky black lab pup, brain damage, trots like a horse - Poway, CA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/dr-seuss-70387114/ca/poway/deborahs-rescues-ca1202/ wrote: Dr. Seuss
Black Labrador Retriever Mix Poway, CA

Young Male Medium Black, White / Cream

About

Characteristics
Affectionate, Loyal, Gentle, Smart, Playful, Brave, Curious, Funny, Athletic, Quiet, Loves kisses, Friendly

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, children, other animals. farm animals goats donkeys horses.

Meet Dr. Seuss
Seuss is mellow but playful, active, and particularly joyful 18-month-old puppy who is adorable, loving, and a total sweetie-pie!

Dr. Seuss isn’t your “ordinary dog.” He has an interesting and bittersweet history. When Dr. Seuss was a little puppy, he got attacked by another dog and got an awful infection. The infection eventually affected his brain, I have never seen such a thing in 30+ years of doing rescue, but Seuss seems to have suffered some brain damage. I posted him as special needs because he's just a bit "odd" sometimes - but in a totally sweet way. He is such a nice boy and needs a patient, loving, tolerant family because he, too, is patient, loving, and tolerant!

Although Seuss is hardly “special needs,” he certainly is special! You’ll notice it occasionally when he is acting goofy. He is extremely sweet and has a quirky, silly personality. He doesn’t run like a regular dog – he honestly hops and moves his legs like a trotting horse!

The one word that defines wonderful Seuss is Seuss is “JOY.” He is the happiest, most carefree pupper I ever fostered, and best of all, his joy rubs off on everyone who meets him! He’s such a happy boy!

Just around him will put a smile on your face! He doesn’t run like a regular dog – he honestly hops and moves his legs like a trotting horse!

Seuss looks like a Labrador Retriever (America’s favorite family dog!) with a hint of Patterdale Terrier.
He absolutely loves all dogs and even gets along great with goats, donkeys, and horses.

Dr. Seuss has a very low-shedding coat and isn’t a barker or a wanderer – he’s about as perfect a friend as anyone could be!

He would thrive in a home with pre-teen or teenage children, and the only “special need” he has is to be loved and pampered by a patient, affectionate family. We want a home for him where he can get all the love in the world -he is a special fellow and will light up your life – promise! He is one of the most innocent creatures I’ve ever met – he’s a good soul! I love this boy – he is exceptional! He is hard not to love!

I’m all for people having a “sleepover” with their potential new best buddy to ensure that you, your family, and your other companion pets all get along. I know that Seuss will blend in perfectly well with any family!

Please email findabestbuddy@gmail.com or call 858-602-2061 to meet this extraordinary pup!