Tinky - eyeless white and orange kitten - San Francisco, CA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Tinky - eyeless white and orange kitten - San Francisco, CA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/tinky-70407687/ca/san-francisco/give-me-shelter-cat-rescue-ca1061/ wrote: Tinky
Domestic Short Hair & Tabby Mix San Francisco, CA

Young Female Medium Orange & White, Tabby (Orange / Red)

About

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, special needs.

Adoption fee
$150.00

Meet Tinky
Hi! I'm Tinky! I was rescued in Kahramanmara, Turkey when I was about four months old. I was living on the streets and to say I was struggling is an understatement. Not only was I young and extremely thin, but I had also lost both of my eyes due to an eye infection and my chances of survival weren't good. But then one day everything changed. A villager contacted Help Street Cats and Dogs Rescue to ask if they could help me and the rescue said yes!! I was placed in a foster home and not only did I receive the medical care I needed but my foster human gave me the love and attention I desperately needed. Unfortunately it's hard for kitties to find forever homes where I come from and it's even harder for kitties like me. So here I am! I flew all the way to San Francisco to find my furever family and live the good life.

I'm a playful, sweet, confident and affectionate blind kitty. And although I can't see for myself, humans are constantly telling me how cute and adorable I am. I immediately wanted to explore everything when I first arrived and it only took me a day to learn the layout of my foster home.

I'm having so much fun playing with all of the toys here. My favorite game is hunting toy mice and batting them around before taking them to my little den so they can't escape. I also love chasing things that rustle under blankets and climbing up things while I'm exploring.

When I'm not playing and exploring, you'll find me napping on the bed or hanging out on the couch or by the window. My favorite spot is the on the bed because it's so cozy and I feel safe there. I sleep on the bed with my foster human at night and will sleep soundly through the night right next to her. And in the morning she wakes me up, not vice versa.

I enjoy following my foster human around the house, sometimes even when she goes into the bathroom hee hee, but I'm still working on feeling comfortable being picked up. It can be a little disorienting for blind kitties but I just need a little more practice and reassurance.

I get along well with the resident kitties and other foster kitty here. Sometimes I bump into them unexpectedly and will give them a little cordial hiss to let them know they're in my way but I'm pretty sure they just roll their eyes at me but I don't mind.

My foster human says I'm purrfect in every way so you should apply to meet me!

You can see more of me here @blocky_buds.

info@givemesheltersf.org