Reximus Maximus - Different in a good way, bunny hops - Hillsboro, OR

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Reximus Maximus - Different in a good way, bunny hops - Hillsboro, OR

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/reximus-maximus-special-needs-70469238/or/hillsboro/cats-cradle-rescue-or304/ wrote: Reximus Maximus - Special Needs
Tabby & Domestic Short Hair Mix Hillsboro, OR

Adult Male Medium

About

House-trained
Yes

Health
Spayed / neutered, special needs.

Prefers a home without
Other cats, dogs.

Meet Reximus Maximus - Special Needs
Nothing stops Reximus Maximus from living a normal life. He was born with a deformity (radial hypoplasia) that causes shortened front legs but that doesn't stop this young man from getting around just fine. He hops like a bunny and is the most LOVING young adult cat you will meet. He sometimes uses his shortened front legs to balance but mainly he hops like a bunny. His age is estimated at 3 -5 years. Indoor ONLY. Adopt fee is $100.

From his rescuer:

I work for a Hoarding, Biohazard, and Drug Lab removal company, we found the poor guy in a garage on a drug clean up job. He is a T-Rex kitty, with deformed front legs, and the biggest personality. He is very affectionate and just wants to be held and loved. Despite his disability he is very active and confident in how he gets around, he can even scale cat trees and the couch completely on his own, but he will mimic a human baby and cry when he needs help. I do have 2 dogs and 2 cats of my own, otherwise I would keep him in an instant but he would definitely be better in a home where he is the only pet. His past life has made him uncomfortable around other pets but that being said he is able to tolerate some interactions with my other pets, though his kitty timer is short. He is not aggressive, just very anxious and vocal. He will thrive in any home that has lots of food and lots of love and attention to give him.

Please give Reximus Maximus consideration when looking for a new pet. He is perfect, just 'different' in a good way!

This cat is offered for adoption due to the owner's personal circumstances. For more information on meeting and adopting this kitty, please fill out a pre-adoption application under "ADOPT" on our website at WWW.CATSCRADLERESCUE.COM. Your information will be forwarded to the owner for follow-ups and meeting arrangement.

Cat's Cradle is an all-volunteer, non-profit foster-home based rescue serving Oregon cats who need new homes. 100% of your adoption fee goes to provide for the medical and physical needs of the cats in our care. We invite you to become a foster parent and experience the great satisfaction of helping a cat or kitten in need.

info@catscradlerescue.com