Jewels - young grey twisty cat (front legs deformed) - Fair Haven, VT

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Jewels - young grey twisty cat (front legs deformed) - Fair Haven, VT

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/jewels-71062920/vt/fair-haven/the-feline-connection-vt94/ wrote: Jewels
Domestic Short Hair Fair Haven, VT

Young Male Medium Gray / Blue / Silver

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Playful, Funny, Curious, Belly Rubs, Loves Everyone, Good With Cats And Dogs, Twisty Cat, Radial Hypoplasia, Sweet, Cuddly

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other cats, dogs.

Meet Jewels
Available for Adoption, Rutland VT

He May Be a Little “Twisty,” But Jewels’ Love is Straight Up Amazing! A Gentle Soul Seeking Sunshine and Snuggles ????

“Hey there! My name is Jewels, and I’m a handsome young gentleman (turning 1 in mid-March!) looking for my forever home.

A little about me:

•I crave love and attention. Belly rubs? Absolutely! Sweet talk and gentle pats? Yes, please!
•I have a one-of-a-kind charm – some might call it “twisty paws” (fancy folks call it Radial Hypoplasia). It doesn’t slow me down a bit, but I do get startled by sudden movements. Don’t worry, I zoom away but always come back for cuddles!
•I get along great with other cats and friendly dogs, but a calmer environment would suit me best. All the hustle and bustle can make this scaredy-cat a little jumpy.
•Speaking of scaredy-cat, I can get a little lonely. Hearing kittens play next door in my foster family makes me miss having a feline friend to hang out with. So, a home with another furry buddy would be purrfect!“
“Here’s what my ideal home looks like:

A quiet and loving household with at least one, but probably no more than two, feline companions.
A patient and understanding human who appreciates a gentle soul who loves sunshine naps and a good cuddle session.“

Jewels has been neutered, microchipped and given age-appropriate vaccines. He tested negative for FeLV and FIV. He is ready for his Forever Family! He really really really wants a gentle buddy in his Forever Family!

As mentioned above, Jewels has Twisty Cat Syndrome (Radial hypoplasia) and both front legs are permanently deformed. While Radial Hypoplasia (RH) cats are adaptable, some extra care) at home can make a big difference. Jewels would enjoy soft beds for easier movement and scratching posts that are easy to reach. Since jumping can be difficult, keeping cat beds, litter boxes and food bowls on lower levels is helpful. He may need assistance with his nails to keep them maintained. And most importantly, a calm and loving environment with a patient owner will help keep your RH kitty happy and healthy.

Ramps can be a helpful mobility aid for cats with Radial Hypoplasia (Twisty Cats) to reach furniture like sofas, chairs and beds, but there are a few things to consider:

•Severity of the condition: Observing Jewel’s ability to jump on furniture will help determine the need for ramps.
•Ramp incline: For cats with mobility issues, a shallow incline is crucial. A steep ramp can be difficult and even dangerous for them to navigate.
•Ramp stability: A sturdy ramp with a non-slip surface is important to prevent falls. Consider carpeted ramps or adding carpet treads to a ramp for better traction.

Alternatives to ramps:

•Cat furniture with steps or platforms: These provide multiple levels for cats to climb without requiring a big jump.
•Lowering furniture: If possible, lowering furniture can make it easier for Jewels to access his favorite spots.
•It’s always best to consult your veterinarian to discuss the best options for Jewels’ specific needs and comfort level.

Think we might be a match? Fill out the Adoption application below and put my name on top! Come meet me and let’s see if we can purr our way to a happy life together!

Learn more about this cat and The Feline Connection, and apply to adopt them on their webpage: https://www.thefelineconnection.org/abo ... at-jewels/
The Feline Connection 501(c)(3) is a foster-driven cat rescue in the Rutland, VT area. We are always looking for new Foster Families. Learn more about The Feline Connection on our webpage: http://www.thefelineconnection.org/

info@thefelineconnection.org