Jimmy Ruffett - elderly chihuahua too old to neuter, hospice home - Bellingham, WA

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Dog Jimmy Ruffett - elderly chihuahua too old to neuter, hospice home - Bellingham, WA

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/dog/jimmy-ruffett-71170067/wa/bellingham/whatcom-humane-society-wa7/ wrote: Jimmy Ruffett
Chihuahua Mix Bellingham, WA

Senior Male Small Bicolor, Black, Brown / Chocolate

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Funny, Couch Potato

Coat length
Short

House-trained
Yes

Health
Vaccinations up to date, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other dogs, cats, children.

Meet Jimmy Ruffett
Hi, my name is Jimmy Ruffett! I'm a PURPLE pawprint, which means I will fit well into a home that meets some specific criteria. Here is what would work best for me in my new home:

-Personality: Quirky, spry, lap dog
-Can Live with Kids: Yes, respectful and dog savvy kids.
-Can Live with Cats: Likely yes, slow and supervised introductions.
-Can Live with Dogs: Yes - a dog of similar size and energy would likely be ok. Intros done at WHS.
-Can do Apartment Living: Yes
-Potty Trained: Appears to be
-Bite History: No
-Positive Reward Based Obedience Classes Required: No
-Energy Level: Medium
-Needs Medical Procedure Before Going Home: Yes, a microchip.

Meet Jimmy Ruffett - a senior guy looking for a hospice home. Jimmy, although an older guy, is still spry and spirited. He'll let you know what he's thinking, give you face kisses, and spend the day sitting in your lap. Jimmy came into us as a stray, so all of his history is unknown to us. What we do know about Jimmy is that he'd like to live out his days wasting away again in Margaritaville. If you're someone who lives by the motto "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" then Jimmy might be just the right guy for you! Jimmy is a "take him as he is" sort of guy and our clinic will not be putting him under anesthesia for a neuter due to his age/health condition.

If you are interested in adopting, please fill out an application on our website (www.whatcomhumane.org/adopt) or in person at our facility. We recommend calling into the shelter after your application has been submitted so our front desk can give you next steps on our adoption process.

adoptions@whatcomhumane.org