Remi - wheelchair / stroller cat with CH and radial / femoral hypoplasia - Oklahoma City, OK

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
FYI

Cat Remi - wheelchair / stroller cat with CH and radial / femoral hypoplasia - Oklahoma City, OK

Post by FYI »

https://www.petfinder.com/cat/remi-70264600/ok/oklahoma-city/mutt-misfits-society-ok459/ wrote: Remi
Domestic Short Hair Mix Oklahoma City, OK

Young Female Small Tabby (Gray / Blue / Silver), White

About

Characteristics
Friendly, Affectionate, Playful, Funny, Snuggly

Coat length
Short

Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.

Good in a home with
Other cats, dogs.

Meet Remi
Hi, my name is Remi and I am a gray and white tabby kitten. I am estimated to be around 10 months old and I am just a small 3 pounds.

I am a sweet gentle soul and love to be snugged in with you to watch tv or take a nap. I am calm, happy and playful within my abilities. I love watching other animals, cats or dogs, running around and having fun. Makes me want to play and I get excited! I am guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. I love food, and sleeping with my person.

I am litterbox trained but require assistance to get in my box. See, I was born with moderate Cerebellar Hypoplasia (CH), and radial and femoral hypoplasia. What this means is I have a neurological condition which the cerebellum the part of my brain that coordinates movement is smaller than usual or not completely developed. I also have twisted legs and I am polydactyl on all 4 feet. I am unique and my foster mom tells me how perfect I am. I will never walk unsupported, and I need assistance with being placed in my litter box. I do occasionally have an accident but only when our schedule is thrown off and my foster mom misses my cry for the potty. I am very good at letting you know when I need to go and when I am hungry. When I eat my foster mom has built a stand that helps hold me up. I do not need any assistance other than being setup with my bowl. I can be a little messy. I just get so excited with every meal and it makes me wobble more. I get really excited when I see you after being away too. You will always know as I get wobbly from all my excitement.

I require more assistance and care than the average feline. The best fit would be someone who works from home, retired, or knowledgeable of my conditions. I can be left alone for short periods of time as long as you put me in a safe place where I wont hurt myself. I also have been learning my wheelchair and gaining much needed strength. I can scoot along the floor pretty fast as long as I can get some grip. Hard wood floors are hard for me and I may hit my head when I get to wobbly. My foster mom will provide my wheelchair, eating station, silicone bowls to protect my teeth, and a couple of my favorite toys. I know I sound like I am a lot of work, but I know in the right home, with the right person we will be a perfect match with unconditional love.

I am fully updated on vaccinations, spayed, and microchipped. I would love a home that will have time and patience with me. I get along with cats, dogs, and kids as long as they are respectful to feline friends.

You can send inquiries to our director of adoptions at muttmisfitsadoptions@gmail.com or apply to meet/ adopt at www.muttmisfits.org/adoption-application.

muttmisfitsadoptions@yahoo.com
critters
Founding Member

Re: Remi - wheelchair / stroller cat with CH and radial / femoral hypoplasia - Oklahoma City, OK

Post by critters »

Poor little one, but I bet she's tough! :wub: