A dog named Hope...

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

A dog named Hope...

Post by Bobbie »

About Hope:

Hope's owner was a fruit farmer in Taiwan, who kept Hope as a watchdog. Last year he sold his fruit farm so he didn't need Hope anymore. Hope was driven to the mountain areas and abandoned there by his owner. However, smart Hope traced her way back home. She came back to the fruit farm which was sold to another farmer. The new land owner didn't like Hope close to the farm. He tried every violent way to scare away Hope. Poor Hope had no other choice but to wander around the street in the desolate village. No one cared about her nor did anyone pay attention to her. Hope had to look for food everywhere for her survival.

One day when Hope was crossing the street, s speedy truck hit her and she lost her consciousness on the spot. A kind pedestrian dragged her toward the roadside but didn't do anything for her. People walked by without paying attention to the helpless dog. The next day Hope came to and found herself paralyzed in both of her hind feet. Her spine was broken and she had suffered multiple fractures on her back. Poor Hope was unable to run or even walk freely. For the first few weeks, she had no way to find food or water for herself. Thanks to a kind villager, who got water for Hope, the poor creature finally survived but had to drag herself with her two front feet. Day by day, the flesh of her hind leg was rubbing on the ground and the bones were exposed in the air. The bruized part of her hip was seriously infected with open injury. Hope was having more and more difficulty moving around for food.

A big-hearted young man happened to see Hope one day when he was on a business trip to the village. He called for a rescuer and Hope was sent to the animal hospital for a check-up. Unfortunately, the vet had to amputate Hope's hind feet for fear of the future infection caused by rubbing her body on the ground.

After the surgery, Hope was equipped with a cart so that she could take a walk once in a while. When Hope is on the cart, she can walk very well although sometimes she may lose her balance and get a fall. Hope is a sweet-natured dog, who is friendly to everyone and can get along with other dogs very well. She needs individual attention and special care. Anyone who is willing to help Hope will find it pride to be helpful to a handicapped dog.

contact Maggie Chen at josephni at ms54.hinet.net and go to http://www.hugadog.com/sacr to complete a pre adoption application on line. Thanks.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
shagneyandlacey

Re: A dog named Hope...

Post by shagneyandlacey »

Hi Bobbie,

Can you tell me if Hope has found a home?
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: A dog named Hope...

Post by Bobbie »

Sorry, I don't know. You could email and find out, I guess. My guess is NO, though, as I would probably have heard if she has.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels