Dachshund in Tennessee

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
Paul Coover

Dachshund in Tennessee

Post by Paul Coover »

PLEASE CROSS-POST. This poor little dog.

Dachshund-female- 10 lbs- needs rescue!!!
Importance: High

A friend of mine who lives in Mt. Juliet is a neighbor to some lowlifes who own a little dog (less than 10 lbs.) believed to be a Dachshund (weiner dog). These folks used to keep the dog inside, but for the past couple of months they've chained the little girl outside to a tree. The dog has no shelter except of a tarp that she climbs on. The people are never home during the day and return around 10 pm most nights. Although they feed the dog when they get home (at 10 pm), the dog is out in the weather all day and barks and whines all day long. The little female has not been spayed because recently several dogs spent the entire weekend having their way with her. Must have been #### for the little thing!

At any rate, my friend doesn't want to "get involved" because she's single, lives alone and is very close by. However, she is very upset about the welfare of the dog and feels the dog needs to get out of that s ituation! Does anyone have any ideas what can be done for the little dog?

I went out today to check the condition of this dog and was quite disgusted! The poor girl was wrapped around the trampoline so many times that it only had about 10 inches of cable left. You can see this in the picture! She was standing outside in a horrific storm. I went over and untangled her. She was very very sweet. You can also see the quality of food she is eating thrown on the ground in the mud. I'm am sicked that she is being forced to eat soggy muddy food! I am due to go back out there tonight with a wilson county sherriff deputy to confront this lady. I am going to use the nice girl act first and if she still won't surrender the dog it's going to get nasty real quick. I plan on taking my camera over there so that I can show her what kind of mess this baby was in today when I went over there.

I will put a post out as soon as I get back with an update. If I come back with her, then I am going to need someone to take this baby ASAP, as I am maxed to capacity right now. It just wouldn't be fair to her.

Talk to everyone soon!

Jill Hart

Director

Life House Animal Refuge and Rehabilitation

Mt. Juliet, TN

615-754-2498
Attachments
Chained_Doxie2.jpg
CHAINED_DOXIE1.jpg
Weinerdogs Rule!
-Paul Coover
http://www.myspace.com/paulcoover

Hello from Kebo, Riley, Willy, Johanna, Pork Chop, Auggie, Buddy, Sadie & Spartacus.

We miss you Pedro...