crazy cat

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
SandyNY

crazy cat

Post by SandyNY »

My father has been going thru some tough medical problems and that is why i have not been on the boards. i have not even been to a vet office in a month - that is unheard of! The one I feel bad about is the crazy cat. I still can't even fit in getting her an appt. She appeared starved and skinny and loaded with fleas. She also has some other problems - neurological? nutrition? who knows - she tends to fall over backwards. She had a prednisone shot and it had almost immediate possitive effects. then it wore off. the next step was for me to bring her back into vets for bloodwork; which we haven't gotten to. Her balance got worse - like it was at first - then it got better. She is truely weird. I gave her the cat tunnel. As she is unsteady on her feet, you would think she would not like it. She loves it. She spends most of her day running back and forth thru the tunnel. She gets agitated when she sees other cats. she will hiss at them. she has no shots yet so she is kept seperate; even so they can't bat at each other under the doors. She used to like to be held some when she was more unbalanced; now she doesn't. She really REALLY hated the car rides but then wouldn't you if your world was spinning? and she was very unbalanced at the time. At the vets, she kept crawling up in my arms and curling into a ball. Now, here, she is a maniac. She runs thru her tube and bangs into walls and just keeps going. When she jumps up ( like onto bed) her legs go every which way - but she usually lands ok anyways. She has weird personality and gets very agitated with me when I do not visit her enough.Sometimes I have been real busy and only go in her room twice a day, then she bites me when i do come in. we had a few days there that were not very nice - few visits and lots of attacks on my feet and hands and even once she went for my face. right now she likes me because i have her roaming a different room for a few minutes. After her vet visits, she sat with her back to me ( yes, she is one of THOSE types) Vet shaved her belly to see if she was fixed and it doesn't look like it. I am not sure even that will be easy with her as she seems to have three outlets instead of two; so who knows what plumbing there is inside. She potties just fine. I am afraid the other things in my life are going to be more prominent for some time... and even then what am I going to do with this one? Anyone looking for a challange?!?