Need a home for Weebles - Cerebellar Hypoplasia Pup :(

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
weebles

Need a home for Weebles - Cerebellar Hypoplasia Pup :(

Post by weebles »

This absolutely breaks my heart into a million pieces but I have to find a home for Weebles, my cerebellar hypoplasia puppy. He is located in Iowa and transport or possible air travel could be arranged for the right home.

I am getting out of a bad relationship and will be unable to bring him with and there is NO way I will leave him behind. I am pretty much stuck here until I can find somewhere safe for my little buddy.

He is 9 months old, and cannot walk much at all. He can get up and walk a few steps before falling down. He has no problems standing up to potty - if only he could use that concentration for walking all the time! He honestly isn't too much extra work. I just carry him outside in the morning and weather permitting let him stay out there for a couple of hours with food and water. He is such a content little dog!

Our shelter has actually raised $750 for a quad cart from Eddie's Wheels. Since Weebles isn't full grown yet, I will send the money to Eddie's Wheels and when he is ready the rescue or individual that takes him in will be able to order his cart for him.

He is a happy puppy and loves people, dogs, and cats. He just wants to be loved!! He will let you know when he needs to potty by giving a special little short bark. He can eat and drink on his own just fine. He truly seems happy just hanging out on the floor or couch (if I put him up there) or grass as long as he gets his cuddle time. He enjoys people watching and wrestling on the floor with the dogs. He is getting neutered on Friday and is up to date on his shots.

Follow this link to view a video of Weebles. He is just lying down and his head is going back and forth. I can't seem to get a decent shot of him trying to walk but I will work on it this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06aNxMbdcNc

Pics of the Weebs "ungroomed". LOL His hair is a bit out of control and he reminds me of Animal from the Muppets.

He is getting groomed tomorrow and I will get pics of him then too.

If interested please email danielle@fdhumane.com. Permission to crosspost.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Need a home for Weebles - Cerebellar Hypoplasia Pup :(

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Danielle, I can cross post him on the rescue railroads if you would like. I am so very sorry for this turn of events, and know your heart is torn in two. I am so very sorry.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Beth Weeble's:o~ mom

Post by Beth Weeble's:o~ mom »

Danielle~ I e-mailed you about Weebles....did you get my e-mail?
Thanks,
Beth
weebles

Post by weebles »

Beth, I'm afraid I didn't get your email. :( Can you resend or maybe send a private message?
weebles

Post by weebles »

Beth, I seem to be having problems with my email so you'd have a better chance of reaching me if you PM me or contact me at pawliepaws@hotmail.com
Beth Weeble's:o~ mom

Post by Beth Weeble's:o~ mom »

Danielle~ I pm you. Hope you get it.
Take care,
Beth