Adorable, loving 2 pound chihuahua puppy needs caregiver.

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in need of rescue or adoption.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
If a Petfinder listing has no photo, the pet's page is no longer available—it's possible the pet has already been adopted.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What cute pics!!
Christine

Brooklyn

Post by Christine »

That baby is right where she belongs!!! She just gets cuter and cuter and you can tell she is a happy girl. So glad this worked out.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
amyd

Post by amyd »

Thank you so much! I think she is happy. Although, she was begging me for bites of prunes last night, and boy did I ever pay for it this morning. Live and learn! The web manager/owner was kind enough to move her pics on the photos section. Here's the link:

http://handipet.com/gallery2007/v/Brooklyn+from+Texas/
Here's Brooklyn's Link to her photos!
amyd

Re: Adorable, loving 2 pound chihuahua puppy needs caregiver.

Post by amyd »

Update - We've made it through one year with Brooklyn. Quite a change from our first night with her. For any of you out there who think you can't "do" it - care for a special needs pet - here is encouragement - you CAN do it! Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and support over the past one year. If I had not found this site, Brooklyn would not be here in our lives. Amy
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Amy, this is amazing, I was just thinking of you today. Congratulations to you and little Brooklyn! Happy anniversary! :) Are you having another party??? :newyear: :party:

P.S. I just looked at her gallery pics again. How many pounds did she turn out to be? (Mine is 6 lbs.)
amyd

Post by amyd »

Thanks!!! She's 15 mos and right at 4#. Nope, no party this time, but I did sit (in her honor) and make a big stack of diapers. lol.
cbsmemds

Post by cbsmemds »

Amy

She is so adorable. I am glad you guys decided to keep her and that she is doing so well.

Marcia :bounce:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Awww...Happy Birthday, little Brooklyn. You have stolen so many hearts, here, but we are so glad that the biggest heart you own is your mommy's!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
sunspirit

Post by sunspirit »

Brooklyn's one year birthday pics are adorable! She captured my heart last year when you first posted. I am so glad it worked out that you kept her. I loved your comment about celebrating her one year with you by making her a big stack of diapers :lol:
Lauren & Tucker

Tucker http://www.dogster.com/?299836

mumpkees

Post by mumpkees »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ONE!

This is one of the happiest and most encouraging updates that I've read! It is hard to imagine isn't it that a year ago you were sure that you never in a million years could care for this little one. And now, not only is her care 'no big deal', but you've 'invented' mini doggie diapers and are offering how to directions, but you are offering encouragement to others that they too 'can do it'!

Her pictures are adorable and you can tell she is one spoiled loved little baby!

Thanks for the update. Stay with us because your story and input will help another frightened parent see that it is doable with very few minor adjustments to normal family life. Love that 'gramma' babysits! /mari
/mari
Spiritcat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees of southeastern Texas