I need a duck wheelchair!

Please post any questions here about problems that are specific to birds or exotic pets, such as llamas and reptiles.
featherfarmer

Re: I need a duck wheelchair!

Post by featherfarmer »

Still having troubles. Pictures are too big. Tried to crop them and then download but it's not happening. BUT if you have a Facebook Account you can see them on my Facebook! Look up Beth Rayfield - Stewart! I'll add more pictures there and then later on I'm going to try this again. If my kids lived here they'd probably figure it out in a pinch. But I am electronically challenged :roll: :? . I grew up using my head and my hands. All this fancy electronic stuff has me stumped. Computers, cell phones and even TV's are a trip now days. Please let me know if you get to see those pictures at least! Hey, I'm trying! :D
featherfarmer

Post by featherfarmer »

I've tried every thing to get pictures on here. And I have also noticed that under all sorts of posts on HandicappedPets.com nobody has any pictures....at least I haven't found any yet. I really do want to help anyone who wants to get ideas for their poor duckies so if it is except-able on this site I will give you my information so that you can contact me directly.
Here are your options....

#1 Call me at 313-377-2850 I can send pics from my cell to your cell phone but it may be slow!

#2 Send an email to bethrayfieldstewart@gmail.com. I can attach pictures there with no problems!

#3 Go on Facebook and search for Beth Rayfield-Stewart I have pictures on there that I posted last night and on an earlier date!

I hope this helps!!!!!! Beth
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I share your picture pain! :mrgreen: I have to resize mine of the Pet Expo to post them, and I don't know what to resize them to. After I do all my work I'll sit down and mess with it...
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

PS--After I sort mine out I'll see if I can pick yours up, resize, and post them here. No guarantees, but it shouldn't be a problem once I figure out what size they need to be. And yes--Facebook is VERY tolerant of pic size!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

OK. I can see your pics, and I hope this will be one of them...
Attachments
duck ltl.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

More...
Attachments
duck1.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Neat rig!
Attachments
duck cart.jpg
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

that is really clever! i love it.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

These are beyond brilliant! :smart: :trophy: Thank you so much for posting them!!!
:thankyou:
featherfarmer

Post by featherfarmer »

YEAH CRITTERS! you got my pictures on here. :thankyou: I really hope they help someone out there who has a disabled duck who needs ideas to give their duckie the freedom to run around on their own. Weebles loves her hanging cable and harness. Gives her lots of room to run threw the grass. I just move the cable down the fence line once a week to give her fresh grass and that the bare spots by the fence rest. She tends to hang out at the fence to talk to my Call ducks in the next run with her buddy Wobbleznot!

The walker is for the evenings inside! That was made with pvc piping that I cut up and lots of joints. The bendable accordion piping was found here in the barn when I was looking for an old hose to cut up for that purpose. So a hose will work too. Just wanted something a little more flexible for her chest.

I will be playing with more ideas for strapping her into the walker. Her harness was made with 2 dog collars so she has 2 loops on her back. For now I've just used a long shoelace to tie her in by running it threw the loops and wrapping around the bars on the sides. It works but I want to do something that will cradle her tummy so she can rest on it like a hanging hammock. just an idea for now.

Good Luck everybody! :thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

You have GREAT ideas! :smart: I hope you'll keep posting what you try so that others get some ideas to work from, too; ducks on wheels come up more than people might think, but it's not as common as other species. Plus, what you do might be adaptable for other birds.
featherfarmer

Post by featherfarmer »

I have so much to do to get ready for winter that I haven't created anything else! But I did find out what Weebles likes! I have 5 dogs so there are crates and beds thrown around the front room. In the evenings (or if I just stay inside for the day) I give Weebles a swim in the tub, dry her off and set her on the floor. If she takes baby steps she's ok. But once she spots the dog bed in the corner she tries to make a mad dash for it. She'll stay there for hours. With the padded sides she feels safe. If she topples over... the sides help her to right herself. And she doesn't have many accidents in there either.(I line that dog bed with towels for her). Every 2 hours or so I place her in her bin and she eats, drinks and poops, A LOT! Once she's standing in the corner of her bin with her head hanging over the side (on a pillow I wrapped around the corner edges) I know she's ready to come out again. She'll chase the dogs and cats away from HER bed and settle down to watch over her domain! It's pretty cool actually. I'll post more pics to facebook if you want to share here Critters! Haven't been able to get them here yet!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

OK, let's see... This is the only one I saw.
Attachments
duck.jpg
featherfarmer

Post by featherfarmer »

That's the dog bed Weebles has taken over! Glad you found it! :D :thankyou: