Unusual recovery takeing place? Not sure...

Please post any questions here about problems that are specific to birds or exotic pets, such as llamas and reptiles.
VampireHeart82

Unusual recovery takeing place? Not sure...

Post by VampireHeart82 »

I adopted a young (under a year old) blue quaker parrot that had leg damage. His owner claimed that he had ni idea how or what happened but the bird had no use of one of his legs. I has told he had been that way a month or so. I took him in and have cared for him for two months now. he is very friendly and is good with most people and then two days ago I noticed that he had use of two of his toes on that foot. I had taken him to the vet when I first got him and was told it had been ignored by his previous owner to long and could not be helped. Then today I noticed that he was using another toe as well so now thettle toe only problem is his little toe. How unusual is that? He has almost full funtion now when supossedly it was not possible? I find it ironic and more than a little amussing that this guy gave him to me because he didnt want a "ruined" bird and then with a little proper care and love he is doing much more than I would.have thought possible! Anyway his loss, our gain! I have had budgies in the past but never anything bigger and I am just in love with this bird!
If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.

St. Francis of Assisi
LisainCAN

Re: Unusual recovery takeing place? Not sure...

Post by LisainCAN »

Hi there,

I am not sure what is going on but I have always been baffled by birds. Sometimes they seem like they should be half-way to dead and are running around and other times they die without so much as a peep.

No matter the reason, I am just so happy for you that your bird is doing well. Love and great care go a long way.
Jean

Re: Unusual recovery takeing place? Not sure...

Post by Jean »

Glad you could help the little bird.
How is Pandora your paralyzed kitty doing?