Goose with balance problem

Please post any questions here about problems that are specific to birds or exotic pets, such as llamas and reptiles.
Ducky

Goose with balance problem

Post by Ducky »

Help for goose with balance problem. Arrived in a crate at a feed store with loss of circulation in one leg. The coloration is normal now, but when he tries to walk, he steps on his feet and falls over. Any ideas?
Thanks
critters
Founding Member

Re: Goose with balance problem

Post by critters »

:slant: I'm moving this down to the bird board, where you'll see LOTS of bird info! People have even built wheelchairs for birds. Does the loss of coordination seem to be from weakness, etc. of the leg? If so, maybe swimming would help, and I expect you'd have an easy time getting a goose to swim! Cats and dogs don't necessarily take to it too well...
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

PS--Many of the bird people don't come here regularly, so you might try replying to some of the other posts.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

My drunk duck/goose (not sure what he is yet) loves to swim 2or 3 times a day. He has strength to stand so I make guides for him to walk through. Are there any designs for braces, wheelchairs, or harnesses to help him be more independent?
FYI

Post by FYI »