wanted: small handicapped pet bird

Please post any questions here about problems that are specific to birds or exotic pets, such as llamas and reptiles.
BirdsOhio

wanted: small handicapped pet bird

Post by BirdsOhio »

I'm new to this forum, and am looking for a small, friendly bird that cannot perch. I have a sweet cockatiel that can't perch and would love a nice buddy to share his cage with. Age and gender don't matter, but it must be a people- and bird- friendly birdie. Another cockatiel would be best, or any other peaceful species would do...parakeet, budgie, bourke, rosella, etc. Owner must be close to Cleveland, Ohio, or be able to bring the birdie to us, as transportation is always an issue.
Thank you much!
Zorro

Re: wanted: small handicapped pet bird

Post by Zorro »

Hi! I have a little finch that is unable to perch, but he is not people friendly and probably too small to put in with your lovely cockatiel. Do you have any pics of your cockatiel? I'd love to see them! There's a special place in my heart for disabled birds!
BirdsOhio

Post by BirdsOhio »

Hi there :) I think a finch would be okay (my little guy is really sweet), but I think you are too far away :( You're welcome to see pics of my boy: http://www.geocities.com/birdsohio2/pets.html
Thanks for your message :)
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Nemo is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so mucn for sharing the pics... If I hear of any birds that would be a possible companion I'll e-mail you ASAP. Meanwhile, it's so great to meet someone who also loves "disabled" enabled birds!!!
BirdsOhio

Post by BirdsOhio »

Thank you, he is a little beauty :) I've set up his new cage with platforms and now just need some more wide diameter perches for him. He can stand on those, but cannot hold on to any perches as he can't bend his toes, and the wide perches need to be spaced closely together. Maybe once it's all done I can try to take a good pic of the cage and post that too.