MY CAT NEEDS STOMACH TUBE TO URINATE!NEED IMMEDIATE ADVICE!

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
mspinki

MY CAT NEEDS STOMACH TUBE TO URINATE!NEED IMMEDIATE ADVICE!

Post by mspinki »

Hello Everyone! My male orange tabby, who is about five (5) years old now, has had two Peritoneal Urostomies. The first one was due to his continuing problems with crystals, etc in his bladder. The second surgery was needed because of scar tissue. Now Sunni is constricted again (for about the fourth time, since his second surgery) and must have a tube placed into his stomach for urination. They can not perform any further urinary surgeries. Sunni must have this surgery or I will lose him. I am looking for ANY and ALL info from people that are familiar with this surgery, recovery, daily life, etc.

I thank you very much!

Bless You All and ALL OF YOUR PETS!
critters
Founding Member

Re: MY CAT NEEDS STOMACH TUBE TO URINATE!NEED IMMEDIATE ADVICE!

Post by critters »

:group: Been there, done that. Buddy's was because he developed a urethral spasm. Sadly, ours didn't work out very well because the awful people that put it in are 50+ miles away. If you can, try to get them to put the "button" tube in before he comes home; the big, long, honking tube that Buddy came home with didn't stay in.
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

Thank you Critters! I have since learned that Sunni will not need a tube. There will be a small hole in his stomach for him to urinate. The vet says he will go on his own. I'm glad that no tube will be needed.

Your advice, support, caring and kindness is gr8ly appreciated!

They will perform Sunni's surgery this coming Tuesday. So keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, as I know you already do.

Have a GR8 MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

Critters, I am truly sorry to hear that things did not work out for your Buddy. I am positive that being that distance from the vet did not work to your advantage.

That is Sunni's problem, every 4 to 5 months, after they get him straightened out each and every time, he will develop a urinary constriction.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Interesting! I can't imagine how that will work; I pulled the pee from Buddy's tube with a syringe or needle/syringe.

Good luck!!
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

Hi again Critters,,,No, I can't imagine his urinating on his own either but that is what they told me,,,whatever happens with this, I'm willing to do everything I need to help my Sunni Bunni! :mrgreen:
Attachments
My Sunni Bunni !!!
My Sunni Bunni !!!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

What a handsome boy! I love ginger cats. :hearts:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Aw, what a big, handsome red-headed boy!!! :hearts:
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

Critters and Carol C. Thank You So Much! Sunni really is a handsome boy! He is so special to me! :angel:
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

HI! again all. I called the Vet's Office first thing this morning and Sunni was doing fine. They are probably performing his surgery right now. Will be calling to check on him in another hour or so.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

:wub:
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

I just spoke to Dr. Johnson about Sunni. He said that he went in and Sunni's bladder is very deformed and much thicker than it should be. My poor little Sunni Bunni, :? Dr. Johnson said he went ahead and performed the surgery to give him a chance. He also stated what a good cat he is and I said "He Really Is" ,,,

So keep my boi in your throughts and prayers,,,

He is going to have to recup for at least two to three days post surgery.

:thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

His poor little bladder is probably scarred & everything else. :( Glad he's doing OK, though!!! :D
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

Thank you Critters! I am sure you are right! So I am going to love, love, love my Sunni Bunni for as long as I can. Going to give him the best life that he deserves for as long as I can! That's really all any of us can do! Is love our pets as well as we can while they are here with us! 8)
Attachments
DSCN1293.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Awww, I just LOVE redheaded boys!!! :hearts:
mspinki

Post by mspinki »

Isn't he a real HAM? LOL :mrgreen: