Please help! Cat in pain. :/

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Please help! Cat in pain. :/

Post by critters »

Walking on hocks (flat footed) isn't uncommon after a spinal cord injury; watch them for signs of skin breakdown. And yes, clawing the ground isn't unusual either. Watch that he doesn't get them caught in stuff; you might have to trim them.

Maybe he's tired with all the changes he's had to make? Or his muscles have gotten sore?
tisjaeso

Post by tisjaeso »

Thank you for your responses.

Today, I took Miballs to the vet and I have made the heartbreaking decision to have him PTS. The vet said he might have a tumor developing near or on his spine and the root of the cause might be the leukemia. I brought him home today just so my family can say one last good-bye to a member of our family.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Thank you.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
Pixie_Kitten

Post by Pixie_Kitten »

How very similar your cat's symptoms are to my own cat. We noticed something was wrong with my cat 5 days ago. She was hiding away (at floor level), wouldn't jump up anywhere, pain around base of tail and not moving her tail. She WAS urinating and pooping OK though. We took her to vets yesterday and they gave her a antibiotic injection and some anti inflammatory (non steroid) pain killing liquid. This is day number 2 and there's a HUGE improvement. She's not in any pain anymore and she jumping up on things, however her tail is STILL not moving. We were told if there was no improvement to take her back for x ray Monday but she is improved I don't think there's a need. However reading this I am terrified she's going to get worse again!!