Nystagmus

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
balance15

Nystagmus

Post by balance15 »

Hi guys, I've posted about a kitty that's been stepped on and paralyzed on his back legs. I express him (help him with his needs). He was feeling okay (even playful and naughty) until 2 days ago, when he started hiding under the bed and i looked in his eyes and saw they're moving from side to side. The vet said (what I had also read on google) that he has Nystagmus, and told me to give him a certain pill. Anyone has any experience with Nystagmus??? how did you cure it???

(the kitten is walking out of balance as well).

thank you so much!!!
Christine

Re: Nystagmus

Post by Christine »

Hello...I am not the cat expert, but I searched our site for and found several posts discussing this eye twitching.

http://www.handicappedpet.net/helppets/ ... mit=Search

What did your vet say about it and what medication did he prescribe? You said that he was paralyzed...has he recently started walking and getting the feeling back in his legs? Do you still have to express him? Sorry to answer your question with more questions, but maybe that will help the experts help you.

Good luck with this little one.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Re: Nystagmus

Post by critters »

That's nystagmus alright. Agree with Christine--what's the med?