URGENT HELP...CURLED FEET ON LAST NIGHTS DUCKLING

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
Hanlills777

URGENT HELP...CURLED FEET ON LAST NIGHTS DUCKLING

Post by Hanlills777 »

Hello.

Last night I had some ducklings hatch and after a long stressful night (they needed some assistance) both are still alive. One however has both feet still curled, his leg joins look normal but he can't walk or stand, he's just shuffling around. His yolk sac is absorbed although his tummy still looks slightly swollen. Does anyone have any advice? I've read somewhere about making shoes to correct this but not sure when to intervene again, would there be a chance it could correct itself. Most information on Google say it may be an infection he picked up during incubation and that he won't make it and will die :( he seems alert and is cheering a lot and moving himself around as best he can

Any advice greatly appreciated

Hannah
CarolC

Re: URGENT HELP...CURLED FEET ON LAST NIGHTS DUCKLING

Post by CarolC »

I sent an email to Sebastian's mom, in case she is available to help.

You might also join the yahoo group for ducks with disabilities. Here is the link:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Duc ... dir&slk=33

Hanlills777

Post by Hanlills777 »

Thank you :)
Inmemoryofsebastian

Post by Inmemoryofsebastian »

Hi so sorry for the late response I had so much problems logging on that I had to write to this website and complain, they finally responded and now I am back on, so sorry about this little duckling just want to say more people hatch deform duckling when they try to hatch them with incubators, when ducklings are hatched by there mother's they don't have those problems the mother's know just how to incubate them and turn them...

Some people use a credit card and tape the foot flat and if done earlier enough it can work, I'm sorry I hope this baby will be ok do you still have him, you can also join my Facebook page Ducks with Disabilities or my yahoo group ducks with disabilities..please keep me posted thanks