Paralyzed street kitten

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
Allilang

Re: Paralyzed street kitten

Post by Allilang »

Just an update.

It's been a hard couple of days. Luna completely lost her voice, but this morning she is much better. She showed off her renewed mewing ability at 5am for me... Then she decided to practice acrobatics on my clothes drying rack...

The doc had given me some meds to give her, but she has gotten increasingly able to get out of it. She wiggles out of the tightest kitty tacos I can wrap her in the moment the dropper approaches her mouth.
BendyMom
mutant kitty expert

Post by BendyMom »

I'm glad she is getting better.
giving cats meds can be quite a challenge. i have one boy that i think sprouts extra arms to swat me with and push away when he needs meds.
sometimes i can hide their meds in their food, depends on how bad the med tastes. I use fishy food usually, mackeral or tuna seem to hide just about anything. then sometimes they get smart and eat around the pill or if i mashed it up they'll eat around the parts that have the med in it.
right now my gang has some runny-eyes going around so i'm trying to put eye drops in everyone's eyes. even little Hopper kitten recognizes the tube and heads the other direction if she sees it.
http://www.alittletlc.com

Bendy Kitty
forever in my heart
always missed
i am not the same without you.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Glad she feels like acrobatics. Is it really a dropper? I feel like you get a lot more control with a TB syringe...?
Allilang

Post by Allilang »

Well, I would appreciate it if she waited to do acrobatics until after mommy's alarm went off. ^^;

The doctor gave me the meds in a dropper. I don't have a syringe. She is getting better without the meds though. In a kitty burrito, she compresses her body to get her head inside the burrito so I cant access her mouth. If I can get to her mouth, the moment the meds touch her tongue she thrashes around and spits it out. Hiding it in canned food didn't work either...
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:haha: That's a cat for you! :twisted: I agree with CarolC that it can be a good thing when they feel healthy enough to fight, but it SURE is a nuisance! :D