Rescued kitten bowel Incontenant

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
Jasmin39360

Rescued kitten bowel Incontenant

Post by Jasmin39360 »

Today I took in a kitten who appears to be bowel Incontenant. She seems about 6-8 weeks. Calico longhair. She will be sitting on my lap or sleeping and just go. It's not solid and almost water. Except of course for the color and smell. I know she is eating well and is very loving and social. Just don't know where to turn for her little soul. Her name is Sassy :? Thinking of making up some quick diapers for her so that at least she won't have to bear the baths 6x each day.
CarolC

Re: Rescued kitten bowel Incontenant

Post by CarolC »

I don't think incontinence would be my first thought with what you describe. Does she appear to have any kind of injury, or was she born with a manx tail? If not, then I would think this is just basic diarrhea. Diarrhea in kittens can be life threatening, they can become dehydrated. I would take her to the vet as soon as you can get her in, today if possible, I would call them right now. For the short term, you may want to trim or shave her little bottom and the backs of her legs to make cleanup easier. They can help you do that while you have her at the vet, it will be easier with 2 people. I hope she is OK, please post back what you find out. It is very fortunate you took her in, you are probably saving her life.
:angel:
critters
Founding Member

Re: Rescued kitten bowel Incontenant

Post by critters »

If the poop is that runny, she may not be able to hold it. I'd get to the vet, too; diarrhea can kill babies. She may have parasites or a bowel infection. :slant: