my didnt poop from three days..!! need help

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
chandini

my didnt poop from three days..!! need help

Post by chandini »

my cat is one and half month old. it didnt had mother so i bought her home n fed her cow milk.. ahe is much active and drink milk. she plays well and so much energitic. even though we give milk mixed wid 70% of water she doesnt poop. i love her more than anything. but this scares me a lot. she urinate maximum 5-10times a day. and i have searched in google n got to knw dat urine should be colourless. so she does healthy urine. but poop she wont. every two days i was massaging her poo place and she was pooping. but from three days she didnt. i made massage everything. but dont no what to do. please help me with this. i dnt want her to get a single pain also. and i dont want her to get vaccine just bcos she is only one and half month old. some says she is still baby and only feeds milk so she doesnt poop nothing to worry. but am worried help me.
CarolC

Re: my didnt poop from three days..!! need help

Post by CarolC »

Here are two posts by Bendy Kitty that may help.
http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1907&p=7988&#p7988 wrote: yep, warm baths help
Postby Bendy Kitty » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:00 pm

i don't have lots of net time, but I wanted to pop in here! I'm assuming he is constipated, poor kitten!
Docusate Sodium is a safe (but horrid tasting) stool softener, it is very effective. For a tiny kitten you puncture the capsule & put some on the back of their tongue. Squirt a little tuna juice or something else strong tasting after it. The kitten will still hate it & might foam some. don't panic!

Pumpkin pulp - which many kitties adore - is also very helpful. even just a quarter teaspoon a day for such a tiny kitten should be helpful.

Warm soaks are very very very helpful. Darned if I know why. We have done thsi many times :) Put some nice warm warm water in a pan or bowl & sit the kitten in it. Massage their belly, give them lots of scritches. Soak the kitten butt for at least 5 minutes, more if he'll let you!

It is very importatn to thoroughly dry the kitten afterwards as lil kittens get chilled very easily. What we do is put a hairdryer on low and sit it about 5 feet away from where we are. That makes a nice warm breeze, but isn't so terrifying to the kitten.

Thank you for trying to help this kitten!

bendy kitty
http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1907&p=7988#p7988 wrote: Postby Bendy Kitty » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:44 pm

hooray for standing!
As she begins to be able to move on hr own, that will also help the constipation, walking around is very good for getting their bowels moving. Everyone here has misunderstood dosages, given too much or too little at some point, it is a learning process for everyone. You didn't fail her. You are giving her the best care you can, and her progress is because of the care she is giving.
Warm soaks actually help the bowels move,too, so if when you bathe her you can submerge her hind end and lower abdomen in water and soak her for 5 or 10 minutes (easier said than done, i know) that is helpful too.
Something mom does when she bathes furs here, is to put a little space heater on in teh bathroom (where they get their sink bath). When she is done bathing them and squeezing off the water she can, she wraps them in a towel and sits in front of the heater. The combination of heat and being gently rubbed with the towel is soemthing most furs like.
chandini

Post by chandini »

thanks for informing me. i got scared because she is still one n half month old and i am feeding her only milk. and she is thin as she doesnt get her mother milk. am scared of her thinness also and with that her pooping problem. i wil try all this and wil keep her fine. thanks a lot. :)
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Can you get some kitten milk replacer? One popular brand is KMR. They sell it at Wal-Mart, and pet stores, and the grocery store (at the grocery store it may be on the top shelf). It will give the kitten better nutrition. There are other brands as well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KMR-Kitten-Co ... ts/8207732

Here is a recipe to make homemade kitten forumula.

http://www.catdocmaine.com/orphan.html
chandini

Post by chandini »

thank you. i will try my best to keep my baby healthy and strong. if i need more information please help me by sharing.