10yrs ago you helped me save my dog need advice again

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
Imnotchris

10yrs ago you helped me save my dog need advice again

Post by Imnotchris »

:angel: I will never forget the help you gave me over 10yrs ago with my precious Sobrietys angel. She had a 4 limb paralysis and had a 95%recovery and through you is why she was around another 9and a half years . You were correct about everyrhing and the day came when she told us she was ready to say goodbye and it was so truebthatvthey will let us know and we have not one time struggled qith wether or not we did the right thing because we did not make that decision. Just wanted to fill you in on our wonderful memories of how you helped us help her. Now I have another crisis and im turning to anyone who has any thing to say. My 15month Doxie Jezzy (Her other half is "James" her brother, her side kick)well hey roughhouse and i l happened to look outside and see her struggling to get up hobbling towards the front door on three legs I love your brother and she's definitely in pain definitely appears that it's dislocated I'm almost 99% sure it's just dislocated her shoulder she has movement and feeling in all four of her limbs she doesn't seem too comfortable when she's sleeping and resting she does now she get up it is painful there's definitely some bone sticking out like as you would in a shoulder dislocation notice however I can't get to my doctor until Monday morning at 8:15 my only option is to go to the emergency vet and pay $1,000 Jupiter most likely to euthanize their you know how they are which is ridiculous if anything I probably couldn't even get medication from them they drown of conform all kinds of other stuff on her it's going to cost me so much more when my bed is pretty reasonable which I do not have what can I do for her in the meantime and is this going to be detrimental to her getting better or not she is comfortable sleeping she has movement and all four limbs she has feeling in all four lands however she does not want to move that one arm Norview weight bearing on that one alarm she does move and turn over on her own with definitely not broken there is barely any swelling if any really and this happened this morning around 11 it's now 4 she surely isn't in shockwhat can I do for so that the situation doesn't get any worse until I get her to her vet Sunday morning at 8 I have a crate here I don't know should I crate her I am familiar with that process oh by the way she seems in decent spirits and is eating and drinking I know to watch and make sure she pees and poops but what else can I do what do I do help I swear your word is God written to me just lay it on me any advice or opinions is appreciated thank you
CarolC

Re: 10yrs ago you helped me save my dog need advice again

Post by CarolC »

Ohmygosh! I remember Sobriety's Angel! It is so wonderful to hear how it turned out!

:welcomeback:

I am not a vet and I have no experience with a possible dislocated shoulder, so this is just my layman's :2cents: I had a co-worker (human obviously) who dislocated his shoulder and he said it was painful. But that's a good sign that she's still eating.

If you can't get to the vet till Monday with this little one, and you don't trust the emergency vet, I think your suggestion of crating is a very good idea. It's only temporary and it's for her own good. I would try to fix the crate in such a way that she will not get her good leg tangled up in a wrinkled blanket. If you have a dog bed with no blanket, that might be safer. I would definitely keep her completely separated from the other dog for now. They will have to take turns to go out to potty, one at a time.

If you start to notice any other symptoms, you might have to reconsider the emergency vet. Perhaps there are other options in your area or the next nearest town? You might try contacting friends to see who they go to on the weekend (if needed) and whether they've been happy with the vet. I hope you can all have a quiet weekend and they can take good care of her on Monday.

search.php?author_id=179&sr=posts
critters
Founding Member

Re: 10yrs ago you helped me save my dog need advice again

Post by critters »

So how did it turn out??