Help!

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
Manderr

Help!

Post by Manderr »

Hi. I have a 4 year old golden retriever. She has always been a hyper dog dog that barked when someone was at the door and ran to it, jumped up and down and wanted to play. Now maybe a week ago she was throwing up a lot (maybe something she ate, maybe she's sick?) and she is just laying down all the time. She barely walks around. She used to always want attention. She walks and then she just plops down and lays there. Right now I'm writing this and she is sitting under my desk laying there. She just doesn't look like her normal, happy self. Anyone know what's up with her? Is she just growing into an older dog and calming down? It was so sudden. We will probably be taking her to the vet soon because we are very concerned. Thanks!
Manderr

Re: Help!

Post by Manderr »

I just noticed that when she got up she was limping. She can barley walk right now but we got her up the stairs. So we are going to call the vet. Do any of you know what it could be? [It could just be that she hert it]
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Hi and Welcome,
The symptoms your describing are really nonspecific. I suggest you take your dog to the vet for a full blood work up and exam.
Cindi
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

No, this doesn't sound like the slow down process... If I were you I'd call Doc in a few hours (when they open, it's 4:30 here) and tell him y ou have an emergency.
Could be anything. But it's not a good anything, I don't think.
Ask specifics, like Cindi says, blood work up, check kidneys, fluid levels, oxygenation and etc. When critters wakes up, she'll give you some more things to ask.
Please let us know what is wrong...
It is so frightening.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
spasmo

Post by spasmo »

I am a golden Mom - 8 goldens have loved us over the last 20 years, and I know that goldens (especially the age your baby is) tend to get into things.

What you described in your post does not sound normal to me. I hope by now you have been to the vet and gotten a complete round of tests run. My guess is that she ate something that she shouldn't have or that she was bitten by something. I am worried about your baby. Please, PLEASE let us know how your baby is. K?

Best wishes,
Anna
Anna B
proud dog hair collector