Anyone in the Paducah, Ky or Metropolis, Il areas?

For urgent matters only. Please post all other requests in the appropriate category. Do not post "Rescue Needed" or "Financial Aid Needed" here. They have their own forums (below).
Forum rules
If your pet has a medical emergency, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
dexnleilaOH

Anyone in the Paducah, Ky or Metropolis, Il areas?

Post by dexnleilaOH »

This is going to sound really weird, but here goes...
I got an email from a lady in Metropolis, Il about her puppy. It seems her pup was hit by a car last weekend and has what sounds like a compound fracture. Her hubby won't let her take the puppy to the vet unless she is getting him PTS. Meanwhile she has been giving the puppy aspirin and benadryl for meds. She is wrapping the leg and the puppy can't walk on it.
She sent me her address, a time for someone to go and look at the puppy, and everything. I though this was a a scam at first, but I don't know. I am trying to find a rescue or someone in the area who can go and take a look at the puppy. I can get the money for vet bills if this is indeed a true story.
I don't know why she would give me her address and offer me her home phone number if she was trying to get money from me.
Any ideas???
Maureen
He is your friend, your defender, your partner, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Anyone in the Paducah, Ky or Metropolis, Il areas?

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

If that puppy has a broken leg and Mr. won't let him get medical treatment he is guilty of animal abuse.
She has a couple options:
1) call Animal Control who will come out and (at least in my county) take the pup and put him down (and I am familiar with Paducah, who is not any more advanced, I don't think, than Beaufort, SC) but at least the pain would be ended
2) contact her local animal humane societies (they are privately funded and can actually opt to save a life, whereas the municipalities are stretched to take in and adopt out without any medical extreme expenses
3) Tell hubby if he had a broken leg, she probably would not put HIM to sleep, she might spend the money to fix it...
I guess he may be a control freak, I don't know, but my heart breaks for that puppy.
I don't knowk who is honest any more. I was hacked, totally, bank account and Identity stolen when I accepted a $15 donation to a cat rescue in honor of my late son, through paypal.
I would opt for option #2...
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
dexnleilaOH

Post by dexnleilaOH »

I have contacted a rescue in Metropolis and one in Paducah as well.
Neither place has responded to my e-mail about the situation.
Hopefully they will by tomorrow, or I will call the shelters myself.
He is your friend, your defender, your partner, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown
Cindidoxiemom

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

I think if you don't hear anything very soon you might want to consider calling the human society and having someone go to the home. I agree with Karen..this is abuse...my God that poor puppy.
Update us when you can,
Cindi
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty
dexnleilaOH

Post by dexnleilaOH »

I received this response from the Paducah, Ky. rescue...

was on vacation last week and am catching up on e-mail. We rely solely on foster homes and all ours are full now.
I’d suggest Project Hope. 618.524.8939 – they’re taking in a lot of animals right now.

I wasn't asking them to take a puppy in, just for someone to go and see if the puppy does indeed exist, if it really needs surgery, and for them to get it to a vet for treatment.
I can get the funds for vetting. The puppy probably needs to be euthed, if it has had a compound fractue open like that for over a week. He probably has a bad infection.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

You know that is such a heartbreaker! How could they!?!
I agree, pup's pain has to be stopped, somehow, humanely.
There are so many scams out there, I am praying this is one as well, but I feel sick in my gut that it is not...
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
dexnleilaOH

Post by dexnleilaOH »

I'm calling Project Hope later this afternoon, they don't open until 1PM. I could not believe the response from the other rescue. If I were close enough I would go to the house myself.