65kg dog

Blind and deaf pets can live happy, healthy, quality lives. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell them from sighted pets. They do, though, have their own special needs.
alec060605

65kg dog

Post by alec060605 »

hi, recently my dog bowgie has started to go blind. dew to his size, he is a outside dog. can anyone help me with activities i can do to help him along, before he his fully blind :?
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: 65kg dog

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I am a metric dunce. Can you convert to pounds? I'm guessing large.
I have a very large blinddog. She's probably 75 pounds, which is huge for an aussie. (I also have a deafblind and I got him a puppy and he frolics and plays like never ever in his life before, that puppy is the best thing that ever happened to him). She can chase a cat at a million miles an hour and tested HIGH for agility! Build yourself a little homemade agility track, with weave poles, a donut, the A frame & etc. I bet you your Bowgie will acclimmate beautifully. Remember though that a dog who cannot see outside cannot protect himself at night. Make sure no snakes raccoons wildlife of any sort can get near him at all. Do you have an outdoor house for him? Not a dog house, a building he can go into at night? That isn't stifling hot?
I would consider making him a nighttime inside dog. Fix up a room. Have you read the stickies in this forum? There are many things you can do to get ready for his blindness and I can give you tips on whatever stumbling block he may develop. Also recognize his barking will increase as he can hear danger but cannot see it. He will develop a highstrung attitude from being on the 'defensive' constantly against dangers he cannot see. Make sure he has huge comfort and safety.
Can we have some more info on Bowgie? and a PICTURE PLEASE ??? :thankyou:
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
puremutt

Re: 65kg dog

Post by puremutt »

Is 143 Lbs karen :shock:
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy