Blind deaf dog needs adopter

Blind and deaf pets can live happy, healthy, quality lives. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell them from sighted pets. They do, though, have their own special needs.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Blind deaf dog needs adopter

Post by Bobbie »

Old Dog Haven
Urgent!
Sally is very affectionate, quite perky and energetic, maybe 8-9 years old and 55 pounds. She is unfortunately "legally blind" (perhaps genetic) and also deaf which makes her chances for adoption pretty slim. She finds her way around very well using her nose and radar, is very confident, and very housebroken. She's clearly been well cared for but now in desperate need of a home that understands that blind dogs function just fine! Having another dog would probably be a plus for adjustment. Sally is at the WAIF shelter in Coupeville, 360/678-5816 all ready for her new home.

Coupeville is in Washington State, hope someone in the blind-deaf network can help this old girl out. Picture won't come through but she looks like a pointer or Lab cross.
Attachments
old blind girl.jpg
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
Christine

Re: Blind deaf dog needs adopter

Post by Christine »

I saw your article about her Facebook this morning ...she looks like a big lamb. I will crosspost her.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Blind deaf dog needs adopter

Post by Bobbie »

I don't think a blind deaf dog needs corgis trying to herd her but hopefully someone can take her home.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels