I have a blind cocker puppy 7wks old Help!?

Blind and deaf pets can live happy, healthy, quality lives. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell them from sighted pets. They do, though, have their own special needs.
dylanalexander55

I have a blind cocker puppy 7wks old Help!?

Post by dylanalexander55 »

I adopted two blind cocker spaniel puppies brother and sister. I need help on how to care for these babies. They are double merle and they could also be deaf. I want to make them part of our family but wanted to know if anyone that has had a puppy like this has any advice. Thanks and don't worry they will be fixed at 6month of age I know you never want to breed merle to merle but the breeder didn't know that until he had that litter. The other puppies were fine as far as we know.
Christine

Re: I have a blind cocker puppy 7wks old Help!?

Post by Christine »

Bless you for adopting these babies! Be sure to read the wonderful information and tips here

http://handicappedpet.net/helppets/view ... =20&t=8770

One of our previous moderators is Karen Anderson. Her website is at the end of these tips and she is most helpful with blind and deaf dogs. I think your two will fare even better than the average deaf blind because they have each other. Please post a picture and after you've had time to absorb some of the information, don't hesitate to ask questions.

You might also want to join any of several Yahoo groups for blind and deaf dogs. As an owner of a blind dog before she passed, I can say that they are only limited by their owners' lack of commitment and I know yours will not have that problem.

:group:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08