Update on Dolcezza Mia- spinal cord injury May 2008

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
theservs

Update on Dolcezza Mia- spinal cord injury May 2008

Post by theservs »

Some may remember my sweet Dolcezza Mia back in May of 2008: a tree fell on her 4 pound body, leaving her with a permanent uretherostomy and incontinence. This forum saved me and allowed me to enjoy her for 15 1/2 years.

I’m shattered into a million pieces. My ride or die, my best friend who could overcome spinal cord injuries, blindness, deafness, anxiety and renal issues over 15 1/2 years, could not defy time. I promised she would never suffer and now I suffer. I’m broken and she’s gone.
I’ll never be the same, I can barely breath, I’m broken.
My Dolcezza Mia was, and will always be, in my soul…I want one more day so bad..love you my precious…I love you…
Attachments
2276452A-382B-47C4-896A-A78BE78ACA77.jpeg
65CB944D-AF50-40E8-A56F-19FDD4B26815.jpeg
117FF0C3-2D33-4B70-9A92-B8F5A47F2F73.jpeg
CarolC

Re: Update on Dolcezza Mia- spinal cord injury May 2008

Post by CarolC »

Oh, Judy...tears for you today. Your precious, precious little girl. If there were words of real comfort I would offer them. I would gently recommend you hold onto her things. I think you'll be glad you did. Get a little box or suitcase and fold them and save them. Start a journal or a document on the computer and put down all the little details you remember as they come to you, and you can continue adding to it for years. Organize her photos and make a back up. I think her little diapers are going to mean much more to you than to whoever you so generously offer them to. All dogs are special, but few are the light of your life. Tears streaming as I write this. I am so sorry for you loss. :grouph:
:candle:
theservs

Post by theservs »

Thank you so much! I can barely breath but I do know I have 100’s of them so I will package them up and keep them but if someone can use them, it would bring me and her joy knowing a fur child is enjoying life in style!

Thanks again!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

They sure were cute! :wub:
Christine

Post by Christine »

How could any of us forget your precious baby...the tragic accident and the miraculous way she survived and the loving way you gave her back a wonderful life filled with more love than anyone could imagine. I share your heartbreak and feeling of loss...be gentle with yourself and take all the time you need to grieve, remember and eventually smile at the beautiful memories she has left with you and know that she had a full life well lived. Prayers for your peace and comfort...
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
theservs

Post by theservs »

Thank you, Christine! I figured admin’s would remember my sweet girl! I have regretted the decision a million times but the vet from Lap of Love has been amazing in assuring me my little one was ready…
So touched you remember her! Thank you!! 💕
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:wub: