Buster

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
cbsmemds

Buster

Post by cbsmemds »

I learned Buster passed away. He was a big ole goofy dog that belonged to a neighbor. He was a good friend to me, such a good boy. I last saw him about three weeks ago. It was a cold night and I just gotten home from work. He literally knocked on my front door as if to say "Welcome Home, now feed me". I fed him that night, gave him many pig ears, hugged him, gave him a kiss on his forehead and told him that I loved him. I never saw him again.

Buster died of heartworms. His parents, like much of the MS population, were ignorant on the cause and the prevention of heartworms. Even worse, after the vet told him that he was too forgone and suggested he be put down, his parents thought that a miracle could happen and they took him home. Buster, as a consequence of their mistake, died an extremely painful death, all alone, in a utility shed.

I hope he is up there with Jesus, heartworm free, drooling all over Christ as he gives him kisses. I hope he knows that I love him and that I regret not helping him more. I hope he knows we will see each other again.

Marcia
Christine

Buster

Post by Christine »

Oh Marcia...that is so sad. I am very sorry.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

You were a dear friend to him and he knew it. How lucky he was to know you. I'm sorry for the situation and your loss.