Jazmin - shep diagnoised 5/29 bad disc Cant walk

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
JansShep

Jazmin - shep diagnoised 5/29 bad disc Cant walk

Post by JansShep »

Thank you to all for your replys.
I have the worst news. I took Jazmin in for an MRI on 6/11, she had a tumor (golfball size and irregular shape) that invaded her spinal cord and was moving into her ribs. Inoperable/untreatable, I couldn't let her suffer anymore. I had to let her go. But now I regret my decision, maybe I should of gotten more opinions. I just feel terrible, guilty & confused and can't stop crying. I was told it was the best thing to do, if so why do I feel so bad. We didn't get to say good bye because I thought for sure it would be a ruptured disk and they would do surgery while she was under for the MRI and that she would be home in 2 days. When they called me with the results they did give me the choice to take her home or let her go now while she was still under anesthesia (spell?). I just saw her suffering in my mind & never being able to do what she wanted again and never getting better, but everything happened so fast. Now I'm not able to cope with my decision. Jan
Caroline

Re: Need advice-My shep diagnoised 5/29 bad disc Cant walk

Post by Caroline »

OH MY,
I am so sorry, for your loss.....Don't feel guilty the pain of letting go is bad enough.
What happened is just so hard.
We will all be there for you in the rainbow room.
Please come and let us help you in your time of sorrow.
CarolC

Re: Jazmin - shep diagnoised 5/29 bad disc Cant walk

Post by CarolC »

I am sorry the disease put you in that position. I don't have any words of wisdom, it's just going to hurt a while. I am very sorry for your loss.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I am dumbstruck! What a terrible blow.

I am so sorry for your loss. Jazmin had everything a pup could ever want. You.

She did not have to suffer when you had no idea how bad it was going to get before death took her.
Never have second regrets. You did the right thing, what you did, you did 'from love' and that was you loved Jazmin enough to let her go.

I am sorry you didn't get the chance to say good bye, I do know that makes a world of difference.

My heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

My Mason passed on July 6th ,a year ago. He had cancer ( also could not walk)I did not put him to sleep. I kind of regret that now, as I think he suffered ( I know he suffered) because I could not let him go. He lived two months with cancer because I was selfish and just could not give him up at that time.Trust me you did the right thing. I am so sorry for your loss.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Mason passed two years ago, sorry I said one year. You did the right thing , do not second guess your decission.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

:cry: I am so sorry about your loss. I also think you did the right thing, i read that when you tried to take her outside she really wanted to do it herself and she couldn't , I think that indicates you did the right thing by not having her go tru more frustrating times.
Cry as much as you need to, we're here for you and all understand how you feel.

PS Friend2Dogs, poor thing times flies doesn't it, it probably feels like one year to you :(
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
JansShep

Post by JansShep »

Hi Everyone,
Thank you so very much for all your kind words. I am so glad that I found this site and can communicate with others who have the same feelings about their beloved animals.
My daughter surprised me on Fathers Day with a 8 x10 beautiful photo of Jazmin and also our Pom, Lola. (I'm the Mom) I didn't expect anything on Father's Day. Imagine my surprise and yes there goes the water works again. She felt so bad for making me cry, but they were happy tears. I was thinking to myself that I didn't have a good portrait shot of my pups and she read my mind. The careing thoughts, gestures and love of others truely does help us through our grief and brings us closer together.
Thank you to all, Jan