Murphy Crossed the Bridge

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Murphy's Dad

Murphy Crossed the Bridge

Post by Murphy's Dad »

Its been a while since I have been here.

Over the last few weeks Murphy has been declining. I took him to the vet. his vet told me to have Frani come to the hospital. She showed us the x-rays and the changes since a month ago. X-rays were taken and compared to the ones done a month ago. The changes were pronouced. There was a large mass on his spleen, and a cloudy mass that shifted his organs to the the left. Something was very wrong and there was nothing we could do. Surgery was an option, but at his age and condition not recommended. We asked how he was, she said tired, very tired. It was time

At 8:00pm Tuesday night, Murphy crossed the bridge. I held his head im my hands as he passed. Frani kissed him goodbye.

I was away this weekend at my annual lacrosse tournament. Before I left, I asked one favor from Murphy... Not to do anything that would upset Frani. He agreed and we sealed it with a Puperoni. He kept his word to me. Thanks Murph.

Murphy fought hard and won every battle he went through. Paralysis, epilepsy, cancer, and luekemia. He was one tough little man. He was very tired and just couldn't fight anymore. We did as we promised him many years ago... not to let him suffer. We did what was best for him.

Murphy, your struggle is over. You are free run and play like you did when you first came to us. Be at peace our good boy.

Murphy 1995-2008
always Murphy's Dad (Summer and Kali's too!)
Visit Murphy's World - http://www.mybeagleworld.com/murphy
My Beagle World Founder- http://www.mybeagleworld.com
CarolC

Re: Murphy Crosses the Bridge

Post by CarolC »

Oh Joe, I can barely see the pictures for the tears. I'm so sorry. You helped me so much with Katie when I first came here. And all because of Murphy. You were our example. Murphy who swam in the horse exercise pool. Murphy who learned to walk a long way but sometimes needed his wheelchair to get back home. Anita's Sydney, Debbie's Kat, and now your Murphy. Examples for all of us. Best wishes always to your family. I'm so sorry he is gone, there are really no words.
SandyNY

Post by SandyNY »

Carol is right - there really are no correct words - - feel as if we knew Murphy ourselves - such a trooper; such a personality. Murphy will be sadly missed. Sending cyber-hugs. So sorry for your loss.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh! I am so very sorry! There are some people who just stand out in your mind's eye, and have left a lasting impression. The people you e-meet when your life changes electrically, you never forget, they are never far from the top of your mind. Murphy's Dad is just one of those people.

I am so very sorry, Murphy's Dad, my heart breaks for you. So very sorry... :candle: :candle:
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
LisainCAN

Re: Murphy Crossed the Bridge

Post by LisainCAN »

I am shocked and saddened. I guess when our babies fight so hard and overcome everything, like Murphy, we start to think they can beat anything.

I am so sorry.
Dianne

Re: Murphy Crossed the Bridge

Post by Dianne »

Joe,

I am so very sorry. :candle:

He was a wonderful example for all of our Hpets. We've been missing you and wondered if Murphy was not well.

Dianne