it's very hard

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
puremutt

it's very hard

Post by puremutt »

I had no idea the blow was going to hit this hard.
I know time will heal but I feel so lost, I would give anything in the world to have him back or to be able to touch him again.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Friend2Dogs

Re: it's very hard

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I know how you feel, I lost Mason two years ago and I miss him still.He was a fifteen and a half yr. old Basset Hound. I have Mollie( 12 yr.old ) Mike ( 10 yr. old ) and Brutus (4 yr old) and adopted Teddy ( age unknown) a couple of months ago. I love them with all my heart but Mason was my heart dog. It gets better with time but I think they will always stay in your heart ,the pain lessens with time. I am so sorry for your loss.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Dear puremutt, it does hurt harder as you adjust to the permanency of it. That is the hardest part. For a moment before you wake up, life is 'normal' there are no tears, and then you waken and start to cry. I woke up cryng for more than months on end. But it does get easier, I promise you. For now, cry and let it out. I know exactly how you feel. I am starved for my son's voice, his touch, his smile. But the burning pain doesn't last forever, unless you let it. Don't let it. Make yourself extremely busy and do something to save lives. You will get more meaning and joy out of that than you ever dreamed possible.

I ache with you today. :grouph:
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
kristenv

Post by kristenv »

Dear Puremutt,
I am so terribly sorry for your loss and can very much relate to the depth of your sorrow as I too lost my little girl Rory unexpectedly a month ago. When you suffer such a deep loss it seems as if time should stop...how could a month have passed already??? Initially just the lack of her physical presence, no tail wags or kisses, no pink belly to rub hurt so terribly. That was an ache that stills exists but is not quite as sharp as it was during the first few days.

I can honestly say that her passing has hit me harder than even the passing of my father to cancer. I have used the "keep yourself crazy busy" approach to coping and that helps. It is the quiet moments that are hard. I have pulled out pictures of her from puppyhood, halloween, Christmas and am trying to rejoice in the time I had with her, but it still hurts deeply and I miss her so terribly. So grieve when you need to: how you could you not having shared such a special relationship?? Please know that time will soften the sharp pain that right now takes your breath away... and know that you are not alone.

I have included an exerpt from "If a dogs prayers were answered" (great read BTW)

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those that choose to walk in the company of animals. It is a cycle of unlike any other. To those that have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive. our grief no matter how powerful it may be is an insufficient measure of the joy that we have been given."

Kristen and Samy
Kristen, Samy, and Dottie
Jenner, Alex, BB
4 epsiodes of IVDD for Samy: Surgery x2 , crate rest x2 still going strong
Dottie no IVDD
Rory no IVDD (at the bridge)
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

I was looking on the product page< I remember seeing products like urns ans memorial stones for sale.
Where did I see that?
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Here is a link, I hope this helps a little.

http://www.rememberapet.com/