Possum and every life we hold precious!

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Possum and every life we hold precious!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

At the website of Inremembrance, Diamond Rio sings my heart and soul:

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again
And it’s like you haven’t been gone a moment from my side,
Like the tears were never cried,
Like the hands of time were pulling you and me.

And with all my heart I’m sure we’re closer than we ever were,
I don’t have to hear or see I’ve got all the proof I need.
There are more than angels watching over me

I believe
Oh I believe

Now when you die and life goes on, I
t doesn’t end here
When you’re gone every soul has found a flight
It never ends if I’m right.

Our love can even reach across eternity.

I believe
Oh I believe

Forever you’re a part of me,
Forever in the heart of me,
I will hold you even longer if I can.
Oh the people, who don’t see the most,
See that I believe in ghosts.
If that makes me crazy then I am

Cuz I believe
Oh I believe

There are more than angels watching over me.

I believe
Oh I believe

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin,
I feel you come back again
And I believe.

[ More Diamond Rio Lyrics ]

http://inremembrance.fortunecity.com/index.html
Andy's site is at the bottom.

Open the link and have your heart measured, felt and recognized.

Tears tonight as I plan where I am going to bury the little lady growing in my LR.

I will have to dig deep as we will bury her in a plastic container. I want her near where Rocky was buried and where I moved AllixMurderedPup's memorial 'headstone'.

Nothing worse than planning the interrment of someone still alive. Ihad to plan my mom's funeral as she lay dying, and folks this is right up there.
I have asked my locals to come to the house. My heart is shattered.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
critters
Founding Member

Re: Possum and every life we hold precious!

Post by critters »

Aw, Karen, I'm sorry. It's too bad that she was so unhappy, messed up, or whatever the root cause was, because she was SUCH a beautiful little girl. You tried more for her than anybody on Earth could've.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, Karen.....what a sad year for us....you and your other babies gave her the only goodness her little life has ever known. The "real" Possum loves you for giving her life, love and understanding beyond anything comprehensible and the "real" Possum thanks you for freeing her from the demons and the confusion. I am so, so sorry for the pain this is causing you. You know we share it with you.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Karen,

You did everything humanly possible. You're doing the right thing now, too.
luvmytripod

Post by luvmytripod »

I have to echo what Dianne just said. I know how hard this is for you, and my heart breaks for you that you've had to make this decision. But you know, in your heart of hearts, that you've done everything possible. Hugs and hugs.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

Oh no!
manymanymany megapurrrrgles to you.

i don't know what to say :(

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
tessa

Post by tessa »

karen...i am sorry...because i don't know what this thread is about. i will go look now.
but one thing i know...is that you try harder than almost anyone...and i have such faith in you.
whatever it is that has happened...whatever decisions you have made...i know in my heart they are the right ones...because of who i know you to be.
it leaves no doubt.

Possum will be no more Saturday at 10:30 a.m. She is limping so hard on her fho blunt trauma hip and yet she continues to spin. She growls when I pet her. She hurts so much, mentally, emotionally, physically. This little girl never had a chance and that is what drives me to my knees in agony. She never had a chance. We kept her alive for a year and a half. She arrived in SC on the 15th of April, 2007 and she will die on the 15th of November, 2008.

I never realized how much this hurts, even though I had made this same decision in August, I hoped that it wouldn't come about. Time's up.

I beseeched my local contacts to find someone, a mobile vet to come to the house. No such luck.

This was my plea:

Possum was a tiny rescue from TX who suffers from full blown compulsive disorder, aggression, pain from 1) mangled teeth, 2) fho from blunt force trauma, 3) constantly inflamed PPMs (persistant pupilary membranes) 3) IBD which we have controlled with the simple expedient of low fat and low protein (make a note of THAT one!), aggression, and folks, her year and a half of trying to find cures for everything has reached a culmination of exhaustive research, veterinary bafflement, drugs, behaviour modification. You name it, I have researched it. I cannot not only 'cure' her, but she is in deep pain and severe aggression because of that, as well as her debillitating CCD. Her first year and a half, her foster family had no idea what they were dealing with so they not only encouraged her bad behaviour, but thought this was how a deafblind pup acted. She is NOT handicapped because of being deaf and blind,she is handicapped because of the reasons stated above. She has been under the care of Sea Island Animal Hospital since her arrival here in April, 2007. Serious animal care and research (done by me) and every avenue explored My last Dx from Sea Island in August of this year was a pet psychic. Yes, I explored that as well. Possum needs to end her misery. It kills me to say this. Time for our baby is up, and we all are in agreement. I made and cancelled a euth appt. at Sea Island in August. I wasn't willing to say no more at that time. I am now, as is Chris who is solely responsible for giving Possum the best year and a half of her life. Do you know she can 'down' with a pat on her chest? Yes she can. Despite her debillitating issues. So you know how hard this is for me to even type, she is precious. She is so terribly unhappy. Time for Possum to be happy. No more trying, no more research, no more dragging out what we tried to overcome. I would like for Possum to die at home. Are you able, or can you refer me to who might come to my house to put this little baby down? Dr. Bonnie's practice has been sold to someone and I think Laquitta PTs for that person, but I am out of the veterinary loop, except for my newest discover, Dr. Winters, who gave me a script to Rx Possum online, because at SIAH I was paying about $80 / mo. for her clomicalm.
Our hearts are broken. Mine, Christie's Possum's you just name it. I'll be looking for this little lady at the bridge,finally free of pain and the demons inside her head. I need someone to come to the house. Christie's disabled, and Possum needs to die in comfort with her precious "HANDS' next to her. Dede, please forward to Chris Wolner & Joanne. Hearts broken, tears flowing, and the wrong answer, but it is the only answer.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

manymany purrrrs
you really have done everything you can
the last gift we give our companions is always the hardest
because, although people like to say it isn't so, most of the time
simply loving an animal isn't enough.
but it is because we love them that we don't want them to suffer.
no amount of bendy purrs can fill the hole which will be rent from your heart
in those few moments when you can look through the tears, remember there are many here with you.

*purrs*

bendy

kodiblue

Post by kodiblue »

Karen, I have no words. Know that I feel your pain as I have been where you are. I will pray for you to feel at peace in your decision. You did more than you know for her and she loves you. We are here for you.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

I am so very sorry......You have been threw so much pain grief is such hard work.
One has to walk threw it each time there is no rushing with grief.

Chris slept with her last night, which she loves. It's hard, because Chris cannot get up from that bed. Chris was attacked, has a black eye and torn eye lid. Possum went crazy on her beloved HANDS last night. We are in tears, deciding that Chris will sit in her wheel chair so Possum can die in her lap, and we will wrap her in a quilt as she dies.

Possum has diarrhea now, and is confined to Chris' bedroom because of her aggression. Things have kind of exploded, and it tears me up that Possum knows.

This is so hard, because she NEVER HAD A CHANCE AT HAPPINESS! That little precious baby never had a *********** chance!

My heart is broken.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!

As I count down the hours ... this is excrutiating. She is not yet three, she is basically healthy. She never had a chance! NEVER HAD A CHANCE! Christie bathed her tonight, I started diggin her grave this morning.
This whole Possum situation is beyond tragic. But I have learned so much from her.

She's having a can of catfood and a half a sleepin pill before I leave in the morning.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
Christine

Post by Christine »

We're here for you....I am so, so sorry, Karen.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

purrrs for you.
you have done all anyone could.

bendy