Frannie

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Frannie's Mom

Re: Frannie

Post by Frannie's Mom »

Thank you for your kind words. Our hearts are broken and it means a lot to hear words of comfort from people who truly understand. I wanted to share one last story about Frannie. She had such a generous heart and she continues to open doors. Through her illness and suffering, we met the most wonderful people who showed up to help us, both in person and on-line. Through her, I met a woman who is part of a rescue group. She currently has six rescue dogs living with her, all six of whom have been beaten and neglected. One has a broken jaw from being kicked in the head. In Frannie's name we gave her all the paraphernalia, supplies, special food, etc. we got for Frannie. She even had a full bottle of pain meds left which will help the poor creature with the broken jaw, and we had gotten her baby food to tempt her and that will be easier for her new "friend" to eat. Frannie's spirit lives on!
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I am so sorry about your dog . It was a wonderful thing what you did ,helping other dogs when your dogs things.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Frannie's legacy is love and life. She was and is a wonder ... Embrace all the goodness her life created and continues to create. What a wonderful thing.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Frannie's Mom

Post by Frannie's Mom »

Thank you so much for your wonderful words. It has been two days now since we lost her and sometimes the sadness is overwhelming. I can close my eyes and still feel the warmth of her in my arms. Give your babies an extra hug for me and bury your face in that warm fur and treasure every moment you have with them.
Christine

Post by Christine »

I just want to send my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and your husband during this difficult time. Several of us have shared this grief during this last few months. It is a sadness that only lifts a tiny bit at a time and doing things like you describe helps ease the pain as you demonstrate just how special your baby is by helping another. Please know that we are all here for you.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Frannie's Mom

Post by Frannie's Mom »

I began this conversation when Frannie was so desperately ill, and we were consumed with her care, so the focus was naturally all on her. But, our family also includes Max. Max is the puppy companion we got for Frannie when she was 3 1/2. He is also a German shepherd and is now himself 3 1/2 We got him at 8 weeks--he went straight from his litter to being Frannie's adopted son. She was the most patient, loving caretaker of the puppy. He had never spent a day away from her until she went in for her surgery two weeks ago.

He is now mourning terribly. We have been with him or had friends with him so he hasn't been alone, but he is so sad. Tonight he didn't want to come in from outside and when we went out to see where he was, he lay down and showed his belly. Not in a playful way, in a frightened way. Now he's in with us but sleeping in a corner. Poor guy. Normally he's an affection sponge and insists on being rubbed and petted and played with. He has lost his anchor.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, that is heartbreaking. don't let him pull away. He needs you now and you need him. Karen is our "dog whisperer" and she'll know more about how to help him. I am thinking to put something of hers out that has her scent that he can lay on and keep him close. Take care.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

I am so very sorry about the loss of your girl.
Grief is such a hard trip......
Max will be ok ,but dogs do love other animals just as we love them.
I tend to think of German shepherds as highly intelligent dogs and like most smart dogs of any breed they pick up on our feelings.
Maybe you could take him on a play date? No-one can cover up grief 100% but we can allow ourselves true joy to help heal the piece of our heart that will always belong to the ones we miss.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

I agree with Caroline & Christine. Can you try to be silly happy with Max and see if that doesn't bring a smile to his eyes?
Does he love to go bye bye (I have to SPELL that in this house, because AmbrrNanaDog goes nuts when I say it!) Take him to the park and pick up some beef jerky on your way. It would be so good for him to get away from what makes him so sad for a while.
I am so sorry for your pain, and Iknow that the first couple of weeks are flat desvastating. It will get better, but for now, your tears honor Frannie and her life, so let them flow. Just don't let Max see them. Ambrr was horribly depressed after Possum died because all I did was cry. So I'm tryin to drag my sorry behind back to theland of the living for her. She is my heart's beat and encourages me to get on with the business of life!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
nez

Post by nez »

I am so sorry for your loss,its so hard to lose our furbabies,we are soo cheated with little time loven on them.
When I lost my little furbaby in june,my oldest shihtzu kept going to the doggie corral and the crate where my poco would lay at the end.She would sit for hours looking at the corral.
It is amazin how smart our furbabies are,and broke my heart.They too have to mourn and so will you and your family and your furbaby.
Thank you for helping other unfortunate furbabies ,thats all we can do for a peace of mind.Deepest sympathy, nez