Missing my Kira

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
AprilDB

Missing my Kira

Post by AprilDB »

Today I had to let my girl, Kira go. It was the hardest thing I had to do, but now I know she is able to run and play like she use to do.

She was 6 years old and in a wheelchair. For the past week I've been doctoring her back feet which she had started chewing on. Her foot was almost healed and when I left her alone today for a few minutes to eat, and when I came back into the room, she had chewed off so much she just couldn't be saved. I feel sick and guilty that I left her to eat and not sat there to watch her like I always do. I've cared for her for 4 years now and she was my baby.

Saying goodbye to her is just so painful and I can't stop crying. I'm washing her bedding and folding all her blankets for the last time.

Each and everyone of you here and out there who care for a pet that other's would of put down in an instant are amazing!
nez

Re: Missing my Kira

Post by nez »

Im so sorry for your loss of your baby,takes time to heal a broken heart.RIP kira
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

OH NO! OH NO! Oh, I am cryin with you. It hurts SOOO MUCH! The searing pain of losing our little 4 (or 3 or 2) footed friends is a pain unique to humans. No one else commands so much of our daily love attention care (and yes $$) as our critters (sorry critters) so when we lose one, we have lost a good chunk of our hearts. This has been brought home to me in a horrible way, and it's been so long since I have lost a pup, 2000, actually, that when you revisit the pain, it slams you.

SAVE EVERYTHING! Everything! I have a baggie of Possum's freshly washed hair, as she was bathed before her last appointment. Chris and I knew this would be precious.

My heart breaks for you and we are all here with you
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Oh, April, how awful for you. 4 years is a long time to care for a paralyzed dog, you were so good to her all those years. Every day she lived and enjoyed was a credit to you. She would have had nothing without your commitment to her, she was very, very lucky. I am so sorry this had to happen to you. This is the first time I have heard of a pet starting to chew after 4 years, usually it is the first year. I am sorry this happened to her now, but so glad she had 4 long years of extra enjoyment of life because of you. I have had my paralyzed dog only a little longer than you, I can imagine your situation. I'm so sorry. :cry: