Max...

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Michael Jones

Max...

Post by Michael Jones »

Today we put our brave protector and faithful companion to rest. He gave us 15 wonderful years and he will leave a huge hole in our family. The boys are grown ad gone now, just like we hoped would happen when Max's time came. He was always there to greet us EVERY time we came in from ...well me from work or the boys, Josh and Jesse, from school or whatever. We found Max out at a little farm just west of Lodi. We were looking for a dog for the boys to rear and answered an add for free puppies. Well you know who ended up rearing Max...LOL It was Mom and Dad as is often the case. But Max was ready for play when ever the boys were and they spent many an hour together when they were younger. We also got Chance two years after we got Max, he is doing pretty well but he has slowed way down too. I'll be making another entry in here soon enough I fear...

I'll never forget the time we took Max backpacking in the Sierra Nevada and hiked 6 miles into a beautiful lake. He got to a stream and he just waded right in!! He was an Australian Shepard/ Golden Lab mix so you know he loved the water. I couldn't keep him out of it in fact. For about five years in a row we took Max up to the mountains for our vacations and he really took to the trail. he had his own pack and carried his own food. And for a 70 lb dog on a three day hike that is a substantial amount of weight. So again he always carried his share of the load no matter what it was.

When we first got Max we lived in a shall we say not so nice neighborhood. I worked all hours of the night and day driving truck for various employers. I was gone ALOT and felt MUCH better leaving my wife and sons for Max and Chance to look over. And believe me there were countless times when Max's deep commanding bark would get the attention of some not so upstanding fellow about to look into our car or our apartment window for something to steal. There were many times Max made his presence known at just the right time. I know Max's good work for our family helped keep them safe and for that and much much more I will always be thankful that I knew Max!!

If there is such a place as the Bridge, I look forward to giving my Max big hugs again!!
Friend2Dogs

Re: Max...

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I am so sorry about you losing Max. I lost my Basset Mason not to long ago, it is hard but does get easier over time. The memories become so sweet. Max had a good long life and knew he was was loved. I truly believe we will see our loved pets some day.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Dear Max,
You were such a wonderful friend, companion, angel to children, and you were and are so loved. Thank you for being the best family member.
Your family will be looking for you at the RainbowBridge. We will have such a grand reunion, all families reunited finally and forever.
I am so very sorry for your loss. It leaves a gaping hole in our daily fabric, our every moment at home is punctuated by silence where Max was. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Yes, I can say with certainty there is a Bridge, and my whole family is there, 2 and 4 leggers alike.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Awww...15 years is such a good long life for big dog, he must have been so happy and well cared for and needed. I am sorry for your loss, he was a lucky dog.
:angel:
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

I had mine for 14 years, I know what you go trough.
Every Friday I count another week; nine tomorrow, it's a long and heavy road.
At least we are here among friends who really understand how we feel, we're not alone.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones »

Thanks you guys. Such words...thanks.