grieving

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
bert5799

grieving

Post by bert5799 »

I posted earlier in the fall about my elderly Boston, Dori, who was deaf, blind and had begun to have seizures due to a fall. Sadly I report that I had to put her down last night and I know it was time for me to let her go. Shortly after her medication for seizures, she improved a great deal but I think her old body was just wearing out and the meds weren't going to keep the seizures under control. She was just 6 weeks shy of 19 years old and, like many of you know how it is, she was my pal, knew all about me and loved me consistently. It does help to write about losing her but I think of how she is now running, seeing and hearing again and she loved adventure. I'm fortunate to work in an office where nearly all are pet lovers and they are tremendous support. My thanks to those of you who guided me with great advice for my initial posting. Dori enjoyed one last great adventure to Colorado where she liked nothing more than to bask in the hot sun.
Cathy with Dori, Annie and Gracie
Friend2Dogs

Re: grieving

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I am so sorry for your loss, you can know she was loved very much and lived a good long life.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

OMGosh! I am so very sorry! Oh, tears.... She was a HUGE LIVING part of your heart for almost 20 years. The hole she has left is indescribable. You will find yourself ona roller coaster of emotions, and just roll with them, cry, yell, grieve, and you will find yourself, as the tears seem to dry, smiling at memories, and then actually laughing at memories. It takes time, but she will always be a part of your life, even now, probably especially now, when her absence is so keenly felt. She was so lucky to have you and to have your care and love. No pup was luckier. Would you like me to move this to the RainbowBridge so others will see it?
My very deepest sympathies to you and you family.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

My deepest sympathy, you were awesome to have your furkid live to almost 19 years.
Missing her is going to be a long road, try to think of all the happy times.
I have pictures of mine around the house, his bed is still in the living room; kinda like he is still with us.
Moving to the Rainbow forum would be a good idea, there is so much support, it really helps!
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh, bless you for what you are going through right now. How wonderful that she was with you for 19 years. I am glad that you have a good support group with you during the day - it makes all the difference. You know they say that dog years are 7 times that of a human - they must have meant their love is 7 times what any human can comprehend, because their love for us is so all encompassing.

We are here for you. My girl is gone too, but her soul is here with these wonderful people and I just can't leave. Please take care.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
bert5799

Post by bert5799 »

someone kindly offered to move my posting to Rainbow Bridge..I would appreciate you so doing. I'm not too computer savyand appreciate assistance. Thank you all for your knd words and thoughts.
Cathy with Dori, Annie and Gracie
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

19 years unreal. That is alot of time to be with anyone.
I am so sorry for your loss. I will have to face a similar fact in the future I have a pom that I got when she was only four and a half weeks old that just turned 17.
She will not live for ever but don't you think we were lucky to have dogs for so long?
I know it must be very hard on you this loss.
Once again I am so sorry