Getting Ready to say Goodbye

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Getting Ready to say Goodbye

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your impending loss. :cry:
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

I was reading the farewell last night and could not even begin to write, it's like losing my dog all over.
St Jude will go to a place without pain, it will be a relief, it's US who are left behind that suffer.
We are all in it together, :cry:
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
dedesplitt

Post by dedesplitt »

Karen, I am so sorry and I know how hard this is for you. Jude gave you so much now you can give him peace. You can do it you have helped so many critters and including me. Dede
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

St.JudeMiracleDog is gone

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

He went with a belly full of spaghetti, carrot cake, burned chocolate cookies (I never could bake), pup treats, and hugs from Mary, Dr. Dana & myself. He smiled at the end, in addition to the 2 tylenol PMs I had given him at 1:30, Doc gave him a sedative, and then another, then the heart stopper, but he was still rattling, his heart wouldn't stop so she had to give him another shot to stop it. I told her, a car crushing him didn't kill him, a gunshot wound which left him with only one leg didn't stop him, starvation and eating rocks didn't stop him, why did we think a simple injection would? As it is my firm belief the brain lives on after the heart stops, I kept talking to him, right into his ear so he could hear me. He died so peacefully, curled up on the couch where he has spent the last couple of months, pretty much not moving at all, with a pained expression on his beautiful face. I dug a hole and I didn't think it would be big enough. But as with Possum who died November 15, they seem to shrink in death. He fit fine, and I will be planting a garden at his grave. Getting him down the stairs was an indignity and extremely difficult, but I managed. I felt peace as I buried him, and for the time afterward. I pleaded with Andy this morning, sobbin to meet Jude at the Bridge. I believe he did, because I feel peace. It will be gone momentarily when I accept what has happened, but I am a firm believer in denial. When the pain gets too much, you SLAM THAT DOOR! It didn't happen. Except Jude was a part of my life 24/7 and that hole is huge. His beautiful smile, he smiled for the Doctor.. She will go to Heaven for the peace she not only brings the families but the PETS! My God, he could not have asked for a better passing. He is FINALLY pain free, able to run and frolic. I pray my boy is there to greet him. Thank you all for welcoming Jude into your lives and for loving him. He is my world, my everything. And for now, I can say, he is at PEACE. .
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

Wow how brave of you I read and write this while crying intensely for you, Jude and all our beloved ones that had to leave us.
You had a long time to say goodbyes, cherish it, cry and cry, I cry with you my dear.
Jude had a beautiful full life, he would have never had that chance if it wasn't for you.
He will be close to you and your house that must be comforting.

let all beings be happy
Christine

Post by Christine »

His legacy is you...

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
and the pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
for this, the last battle can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
but don't let grief stay your hand.
For on this day, more than the rest, your
love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years, you
wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend,
only stay with me till the end.
And hold me firm and speak to me
until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree…
it is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved, from
pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you who has to
decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years,
don't let your heart hold any tears.
Unknown
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Jude had all these great years he wouldn't have had without YOU!! :wub: I'm sorry for your loss.
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. You were the first one to comfort me when I lost the Mase. Mason died on his own without help from a vet, he looked into my eyes as he passed, I think it is their way of thanking us for taking care of them and loving them. I know not what to say but I am sorry.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

yes , all they want is that WE are by their side, so it's a comforting thought for us that they weren't scared or panicked, they were at ease we were there so they could go peacefully.

let all beings be happy
BethWeeble's:o~mom

Post by BethWeeble's:o~mom »

Dear sweet Karen, Jude was such a lucky pup to have found you! I'm so glad he went peacefully, that makes it so much easier on you in the long run. I know that he rushed into Andy's arms & Andy wrapped him up in a cover of pure love. Jude Is a testament to how love can overcome anything!!!!!
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Karen,

You give peace and love to so many people and animals that know you. It is always hardest for survivors, because you made the passing easier for others. :angel:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

He had a full life, and a second chance at life that few others can compare to. You changed everything for him. He was a very, very lucky dog. The more you give, the closer your are, the more it hurts. I'm sorry for your loss.
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Karen you are one incredible person and Jude was/is your canine match. You are an inspiration for me not just in how to live but in how to grieve and to accept loss with dignity and in your ability to share your pain with others.

I am so sorry.
kodiblue

Post by kodiblue »

God bless you, karen. knowing we will see them again is what keeps me going. I am glad that you found peace. You have been through so much and still find wonder in the world. I will hold thoughts of you and your strength when I am low.
nez

Post by nez »

Rip sweetie,I am sorry for your loss,its all heartwrenching,your furbaby will be waiting for you .
Like All of us the mourning for our furbabies seems endless,Thank You for being a Great mom and being there for a peacefull Goodbye, nez