Getting Ready to say Goodbye

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
luvmytripod

Re: Getting Ready to say Goodbye

Post by luvmytripod »

Oh Karen, I'm just reading this now. Big, big hugs. It sounds like his passing was lovely, what I would hope for any of mine. He knows he was, and still is, much loved. :angel:
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Don't you know, time hurts. This time last week ... Pea soup coming out of freezer, but wait, he's dead, he won't be here to eat it. No big barks when I get home, no goofy smile. All I can do is cry. I am thinking of renaming the puppy Jude, because denial is a wonderful thing. I should have worked on his grave today, it was a beautiful day. I stayed inside all day.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

They say time heals, but it sure does not seem like it. Bailey's tent sits empty - Penny won't use it and I cannot bear to take it down. She is on my desktop and she will stay there, her pictures and her angels are on my desk at work. Karen, I know they would not want us to be so sad and little by little, we will remember more of the happiness they brought us, but I guess we have to take it one day at a time. Sending you love and hugs...you have helped me more than you can ever know, I wish I could do the same for you.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08

I have a lump in my throat the size of Chicago. The tears won't stop. All I do is cry. But I should. This is what I should do. Love never dies, but it sure does hurt. I want him back so badly, I could scream.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

Same here guys, little over 3 months, it feels like it's getting worse!
I cry sponteanously in my car or behind my desk.
My day was so tuned in with him, daily routine is different.
I also have pictures everywhere, at least we're together and we understand.....................
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
BethWeeble's:o~mom

Post by BethWeeble's:o~mom »

It took me 6 months before I could bring myself to take Webble's playpen down & get it out of the kitchen. I still have his cart. Leslie at Eddie's Wheels told me his cart could benefit another handicappable...I know this, but I just can't bear to give it up. Like with your Jude, people thought I was CRAZY taking on a pup who had been fed Crack. I was told by the gal who heads up the Chihuahua Rescue that I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into. I told her Oh, yes I do, & my boy proved them all wrong! He only lived 2 years, but no other pup had his mistress trained as well as my Weebs had me trained. Everyone here on this board were the ONLY ones who truly understood why I gave this boy a chance. I really debated on if I should take on my boy's namesake, I like you Karen have physical disabilities. I waited a week after Danielle had posted she had to find a home for Weebes. No one seemed interested in him. I could not bear to think of my boy's namesake going some place where he might not be treated good. So I told Danielle I would take him. Karen between you & all of the people on the rescue railroad we got him here to New Mexico all the way from Iowa.
He is soooo unlike my Weeble! Where Weeble was ready to take on the world with his Exorcist imitation, Weebles is terrified of EVERYONE, except me & Larry. And like before with Weeble everyone feels sooo sorry for him. Larry & I are always saying how we wish the world could see this boy thru our eyes! This boy is PURE goofy with us. He has a game he plays with Larry...they slap at each other! He loves to lay in his bed & play with his squeekey(sp?) toy, & he loves to trip Larry up when Larry is carrying a plate of Spagetti(Weebs ADORES his pasta!)He has all of you know CH. I tell him all the time we were meant to be together as I have CP....we're two peas in a pod! But my heart still aches for that very special little boy that noone thought would make it. But I live for the fact he is whole & healthy & able to get around without the use of his chair. He is up in heaven :angel: keeping busy with Possum, Bailey,Jude, & Mickey & all the other special furkids just waiting till we can join them again!
nez

Post by nez »

Feels like it is a different universe that I am in,and I know you all can relate to this*S.
I remember the day my furbaby poco,past a way ,and we brought him home to bury,I actually wanted to dig him back up to just give him more kisses and hugs!!I have never shared this with anyone,but I think most of you can understand completely the goodbyes are heartwhrenching.
I wish it was easier for you gabrielsmom,I truely do,but you have to grieve it is all part of it,I still cry.
You was a great mom,and your furbaby was loved.
I wish you well,and I too christine leave photos of poco all around,he is still here I know it,just like your furbaby.
Just had to share, nez

While my tears for Jude seem like they will never stop, I want to hug each and every one of you, of us. This loss, this soul-shattering loss has changed me forever. Just like Andy's passing, only Andy's was tragic and hideous. Jude's is the worst heartache on our earthly plane. I knew it was going to be bad, because I remember how hysterical I was to keep him alive, 7 years ago today. 7 years ago today, I found him in my yard and my life was forever changed. All of you who are here with me, I am here with you as well. Each of us has to try to accept this sorrow. Well, I'm sorry. We actually HAVE the right to cry to mourn. And nowhere else on earth can we do this but right here! This is the only place where you understand my pain and I understand yours. When each of our furbabies died, I cried with you, knowing your pain, your loss. But I didn't understand how much losing Jude was goin to hurt. I think I did, but refused to visit that place.
I am so very sorry for each and every one of us, and my sympathies are eternal for you, for me. It hurts.
Andy's been gone 4 years. And each year it gets harder. because it gets longer and the longing for the sound of a voice, the touch of a hand, it can be crushing. We'll survive and go on, but we will be forever scarred, forever changed, and the tiniest of things have huge meaning now. We are actually better human beings for going through not just the magic of the lives that changed us, but by our searing pain. We will reach out and try to help others and we will know exquisitely wha they are going through.

No one else on planet earth knows whawt we have gone through, but us. Right here. Thank you all for being here for me, and please know that I am here for you. To hold your hand, to have a shoulder. We can have a cry fest. We are entitled.
Each of you are so impossibly special to me. I came here to fall apart, and here you were to hold me up. I love you all. So much.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!

Karen we love you too :grouph:
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

We are actually better human beings for going through not just the magic of the lives that changed us, but by our searing pain. We will reach out and try to help others and we will know exquisitely wha they are going through.
Wow maybe that is a reason for the pain we have to endure, to help each other get tru it!

let all beings be happy

I got the most beautiful sympathy card in the mail today from Dr. Dana. Of course, it was so beautiful, I sobbed.
She is a SAINT! Every life she comes in contact with is blessed for having 'known' her, despite how long or how short.
Remember, it was she would put Possum down. Her compassion and understanding had Chris and me staring at each other, the difference between the hospitals was amazing. I told Chris then that we had found our new vet.
I LOVE DR. DANA! And I WISH someone would do a story about her ... Mark?
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
Christine

Post by Christine »

We are blessed to know the really good vets. My favorite vet, who is on her fourth tour of duty, this time to Afghanistan was a rock for me. One week after she left for this tour, her baby daughter died (she was a special needs baby, but no one expected this). I had just written a story about Julie, her dedication to the community and her country and was waiting for her final approval before submitting it to the papers. Life is so unfair sometimes.

Karen, I've seen your soul-felt writing...who, better than you to do the writing. I am glad you have someone close by to support you in your life work.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08

Karen, you are blessed to have such a wonderful understanding vet. Our vet Dr. Bowman is in his 80's. Alot of folks feel he should retire. He has slowed down, but we have no idea who we would use when he is gone, as there is NO VET in this county that I trust with my babies. Guess I will have to find someone in Albuquerque which is about 30 miles away.
missyj1

Post by missyj1 »

I know the feeling. We have contemplated that with Earl as well. He is 14, has arthritis and mild dysplacia as well as some other problems (enlarged heart, over weight, etc.). We are determined not to let him go until he tells us. He will tell us, when he is ready. I will be so sad. 14 is an excellent run for a dog. He has been through arsenic treatment for heartworms, numerous tests to determine his overall condition. Our vet says he is healthy, and heart-worm free (thank God) but he is old but we will probably be making the inevitable decision within the year. Writing about it now makes me sad and he laying right here!

Anyway, I am so sorry. It's almost as hard as losing a child. They are, after all, members of the family. You're in my thoughts.

Missy in Austin, TX
Missy in Austin, TX

Please go to www.sarasanctuary.org
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

hi Missy, Mickey was my first dog ( I had him since 3 mo old) when he was 14 with arthritis and prevous been paralysed, people told me also that he would tell me when it's time.
I didn't understand until he really got bad ( falling on his side couple days before his passing) that I had to make the hardest decision of my life
Your dog can still live for a couple of years, as long as there is no suffering.
Yes it feels like I lost a child ( I have no children). With support of the people here and helping out others I go on and hope another dog will find me.

let all beings be happy