For Jeanne, in memory of Angelo....

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
FurmomInNewMexico

For Jeanne, in memory of Angelo....

Post by FurmomInNewMexico »

Dearest Jeanne,

Words of solace at what I know is a very sad and difficult time for your family, having had to let your beloved Angelo go. I had a dream the other night, and all the dogs I've lost were in it! They were young and frollicking about with the energy of puppies and youngsters, and they had full vibrancy and vigor and health such as they'd known in their prime! Angelo was there, too! I was greeting mine in a frenzy of tearful, hairy, slobbery hugs and kisses, and I suffenly felt this nose nuzzling at my back as if to say, "Hey! What about me!" I turned my head, and there was Angelo, smiling as big as a jack-o-lantern and wagging his tail so hard his whole body wagged with it!!!! I said, "Angelo, you're here too!", and embraced him with the same fervor with which I'd embraced my own. He responded by licking me clear across my face! They (the dogs) all seemed to know each other, and it was like a big party. When I woke from the dream, I had tears streaming down my face but was still smiling from the feelings of joy it provoked in me. I thought about it for a long while befoe deciding to share it with you. I didn't want to make you sad by bringing the subject of his passing over up, you see. But then I thought, "How stupid... as if she is thinking of anything else!!" And besides... it was a happy dream... an emotional reunion of sorts! I don't know if its of any solace to you, but I HOPE so. Because I truly believe I saw your boy, and he is fine! BETTER than fine..... he's young, vigorous, unimpaired by the restrictions of a failing physical body, and FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless you forever, Angelo... may you and mine and all the other animal companions who've crossed before and will cross after you know peace, joy, serenity, and a happy life filled with running, playing, and all their favorite foods in the afterlife. Till we join you there over that rainbow bridge, keep wagging those tails! :D :D :D :D :D I know we'll be re-united in the end. Love is eternal and non-negotiable....

Carol
Always and forever Chloe's Mom...
Christine

Re: For Jeanne, in memory of Angelo....

Post by Christine »

I thought about them all day Monday.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

What a beautiful dream. I saw a blindpup who had passed once, I had never met her, but I was wide-awake, beyond distraught sitting on my couch, and saw AngelJosephine floating in front of me. That gave her mom some comfort when I told her.

I believe, Carol. I believe. Jeanne, it is so impossibly hard. I am so very sorry.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
FurmomInNewMexico

The dream uplifted me greatly, which is why I wanted to share it with Jeanne and all of you. I found greast comfort in it, because it felt (and I believe it to be) absolutely real... a genuine experience taking place in the spiriutal realms!. In spite of that, I think we all know and share Jeanne and her family's pain. Even knowing they are okay, the huge gaping void left in our lives and hearts when a furry family member's physical presence is withdrawn and we can no longer pet and hold them... feel their warm breath, see the look of devotion and love in their eyes or those tails wag with glee (even little "nubbins" like Chloe's!), hear their joyful bark or their contented groans of pleasure from ear scratch is almost more than a human heart can bear. Still, I am comforted greatly by the dream I had, and I hope Jeanne will be too when she can bring her self to return the the board and read of it. I sent out love and prayers to them and am still doing so, but one of the things I am most uplifted by is the number of people I see come here to this forum with a true love and appreciation for what these furkids really respresent... wonderfully advanced spiritual teaching masters, masquerading in humble fur-suits.
They teach love, and they do it remarkably well. They grow traits in us (their human caretakers and students) that no one and nothing else can.

What we all share here, folks, is immense love for and appreciation of animals as sentient, feeling beings with hearts and souls. Far more than a simple "pet", they are, quite simply, family members. My heart is aching for Jeanne and her family, but I'm grateful that I got to have them (and Angelo!) ... albeit at a distance... in my life for the period of time I did. They all showed so much courage and depth of love, and Angelo exhibited such a valiant spirit! How blessed we all were to have made their acquaintance, and Jeanne can know that she did everything possible to not only extend his life, but to enhance its quality for as long as possible. She did him proud! And he did ALL of us proud. I grieve at the loss, but I still feel truly blessed and honored to have known them all, even just through the communiques exchanged on this forum.

With deep love and appreciation,
Carol
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

I was thinking of Angelo as well.
Another cutie with our loved furkids going on, up there somewhere..................
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Goldenz2

Post by Goldenz2 »

Hi everyone,

Saying "thank you" doesn't seem like a strong enough word, but I did want to tell you how appreciative we were for all of your good thoughts for us during a terribly difficult time.

Carol, thank you so much for all of the kind words and support you have given us over the past several months.

Christine, thank you so much for the Rainbow Memorial you made for us. That was very kind of you.

Angelo had a wonderful day the day before he went to the Bridge. We are really happy that we had many days to say good-bye and that he was able to leave us on a positive note. Many people don't get that.

Unfortunately, my boyfriends mom suddenly passed away the next morning. We said that Angelo must have needed a very special mom to help take care of him at the Bridge. So needless to say, we had a traumatizing month but were able to get through it in one piece.

Angelo has not visited me, but he did visit my boyfriend on Sunday...so I know his spirit is around. You all know how strong the bond is when you take care of a handicapped dog. You eat, sleep and breath around their schedule...and everything feels so different now even a month later. I never knew I could miss somebody so much...

On a positive note, this weekend we will be bringing a new family member home. Another Golden Retriever, a blonde this time. Our 10 1/2 year old Golden, Archie has been doing very well...but is bored and will be so happy to have a puppy to play with. Angelo will ALWAYS be my heart dog, and sometimes even though I feel like I can't go on without him...I will. I will soon have a new baby to take care of...and I hope that I can give him the best and longest life like Angelo had.

Thanks again to everyone at Handicapped Pets for helping me to help Angelo live comfortabley for as long as possible. He was a one and a million, and will NEVER be forgotten.

Jeanne in NJ
Attachments
ang412951509.JPG
FurmomInNewMexico

Jeanne,

I feel I was blessed to be introduced to the valiant spirit that was Angelo, and to you as well. It is one in a million who can show such depth of love and devotion. We all knew the pain you and your family were suffering when it came time for him to take his leave... I'm grateful to know it was peaceful
and gentle and an easy departure, and in a way, your final gift to him. Now you can rest assured he is playing gleefully over the bridge, and though I'm sorry to hear of your boyfriend's mother's passing right
after his, I think it's safe to assume they are together, and each looking after the other in their own way.

God bless you for your fortitude and courage, and most of all for the immense love and devotion you
showed your special boy. I'm glad you will soon welcome a new furbaby, and I know you'll love the dickens out of that one too, but nothing replaces a loved one, as you know. Angelo will live on forever
in your heart.... and in mine as well. I know the aching void that you're experiencing and how much
you miss him, but I also know when the time is right and your sorrow and pain has lifted enough for
him to penetrate those dense emotions and get through that he will communicate with you, and he'll let you know that he still is and will be forever your boy.

Love, Light, & Blessings....

Carol
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Some things just leave you speechless. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I love that picture!
Your new baby will be just what the doctor ordered for all of you. You will get more joy from that new baby, all of you. Smiles will come, laughter will come, and that will be Angelo's legacy. We are lookin forward to seeing your new baby, in memory of Angelo.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

Dear Jeanne,

When I read your post last night, I could not even respond. The loss upon loss was so much to bear for your family and I am so sorry. I love, love, love this picture of Angelo. If it is something you might want to consider, I would bet the magazine who featured him on the cover would love to at least see this beautiful tribute, if not run it. You just want to reach in and hug his precious face.

It occurred to me, seeing his Lift and Assist Harnass that he and my girl are both using them as chew toys now at the Bridge! Much love for prayers for peace for you and your family.

Missing both my girl and your boy.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Congratulations on your new baby. I know he'll have a wonderful home. :wub: