Belle and Angel

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Christine

Belle and Angel

Post by Christine »

Dear Jane,

I just read your blog about your loss of these sweet babies. I was so touched by your words and ideas for honoring their passing. I hope you do not mind that I am posting it here for all to easily see. Thank you for joining us and for your generous offer to help in so many ways.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12260

Pick up a Pebble, Say a Prayer

Posted 1/25/2009 6:49 PM CST

For all who have cared about, prayed for, cheered for and cried for our Beloved Belle and little Angel, I just wanted to let you know that we buried them this weekend. They were buried in the same grave, with little Angel wrapped softly in the crook of Belle's arm. Again, before we buried them, we made the sign of the cross on each of their heads with Holy Water.

Mike and I placed a cross made of palms--from church--in their grave and made the sign of the cross with holy water over them. We held hands and said a prayer, said our last good-byes, and told them that many people loved them...

As I walked away, I felt overwhelmed with love--not sadness. I fell in love with a foster who was gravely ill. I knew she didn't have much time left--but I was wiling to care for her, even when several doctors saw her and said, "Euthanasia." Not a "Hello" or "Hi, Beautiful" or even "Let me take a look..." Doc Parham was the only vet who was willing to help me help Belle. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

In the spring, Mike and I will plant a tree and a circle of rose bushes where Belle and Angel are buried. It will be a beautiful place of reflection.

I will carry on the tradition of picking up tiny stones when I think of them--and placing them on their grave. I learned this from a Jewish friend--flowers don't last so they leave a pebble when they visit a loved one. It goes back to ancient times. I feel like it is like me leaving a hug and a prayer when I set down the pebble.

If anyone would like me to add your pebble, just send them--with a prayer or a note if you want--and I will read it aloud as I place your pebbles down. You can also just put one/two in a little baggie when you donate your blankets and things for our collection that is coming up.

Now, it is time to let go of the sadness and to celebrate their lives.

Next time I write, I'll share with you photos of the new puppies that were born the day Belle passed and the five week old litter of puppies that are running around in the other bedroom! For certain, this house is full of life. Knowing Belle and Angel have so increased the love in our hearts--the more we have to embrace these new babies with.

Thank you for stopping by, for listening and for caring. Especially for caring.

(Please see my photo gallery, "Ode to Belle." Belle's owner sent over a handful of photos of her--from before she was ill. I got them after she passed but they sure did bring a big smile to my heart.)

P.S. There is no "how to" manual on how to bury your pets--how to send them off to heaven, off to the "rainbow bridge..." I'd be interested in hearing what some of you have done. With every animal, I always seem to learn something. Thank you.

P.P.S. I think if you just pick up a pebble, say a prayer and place it in a special place in your yard, that would be just as special and meaningful.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Belle and Angel

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

When I read they were buried together, I wept. What a beautiful gift for little Angel, and Belle has a puppy to mother. She gets to do her Nana work. I am so very sorry for your anguish, Jane, and so uplifted by your heart-giving gift for both of them.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I am sorry for your double loss. You were wonderful to see past the illness and love the person who was Belle. :angel:
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Incredibly powerful and poignantly beautiful.

Thank God for angels like you Jane. Belle and Angel went to heaven but Belle had the closest thing to heaven on earth with you.

Please post on this site and tell us about the dog who will be blessed enough to find you so that you can help him or her with the Medihoney bandages.