Poohbear March 1999 -Feb 23 2009

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
grizzleybear

Poohbear March 1999 -Feb 23 2009

Post by grizzleybear »

It is with a heavy heart that I need to announce that Poohbear has succumbed to her cancer. Right up to the end, she sat up, almost defiantly as she gasped for what little air she could get. The end was quick and painless for her, passed away in her dad's arms as promised.

I remember the little pup who came to see me. She had a white tuft on her chest and I fell in love immediately. She came home at 10 weeks. Her mom was a rottweiler, her dad was a shepherd. Pooh was a rare golden ½ weiler.

At this time, the fraser river was threatening to flood the fraser valley. Once Pooh came home, the river subsided. We were away in 2007 when the fraser threatened again. We got home and the river subsided.

I remember telling you not to pea on the rug and you peaed on the rug with an almost defiant look on your face. Who said the teenage months don't start til 6-8 months? I recall how excited I was the first time you used the floor diaper.

You became my road companion when I went on trips, hiking, ceremonies, etc. Pretty much anywhere I went, you went. Spent lots of time at the dog parks and trails over the years. We had more problems with other dog owners than with the dogs. Thankfully, the objectionable dogowners were few and far between. You showed me who to trust and who not to.

We started tracking in 2008. We did well, met lots of great people, had lots of fun. Tracking became our new ritual on the weekends. Search and rescue exercises came later. Last December, we were going to do rally. We were going to go back to the purcell wilderness in summer 2009. But January 2009 changed everything. I will miss you on the hikes and camping trips. When I go this summer, I will dedicate the trip to you, my girl.

We promised each other you would be here til you were 15. In love, I recognize you as a 15 yr old. I know you will be with me wherever I go hiking and camping. You will be there in spirit.

You taught me how to love again without bounds. If I could have done more, I would have. You will always be in my heart Poohbear and you will be alive there. Thank you for all the great times we had together.

To all the members of the forum. Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers for Poohbear. She was so stoic right til the end. Today, she allowed me to lift her in and out of the vehicle - something she hasn't allowed since she was a puppy. She honoured me in this way. To all of you who are still fighting, You will be in my thoughts and prayers
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Poohbear March 1999 -Feb 23 2009

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Our best friends. Absolutely our best friends.
She taught all of us how to achieve in spite of her ailments, she continued on. If only we could march to her drummer.
My deepest sympathies. She was so lucky to have you. She found you.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Grizzley and Pooh,

What a wonderful pair you were, and 10 years is a long time for the breed. Average lifespan of a rottweiler, 10-12. German shepherd about the same. She reached a full lifespan even in spite of cancer, and a quality life to the end. You have nothing to second guess, she really had "the good life". :) Best to you...
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

My deepest sympathy, already having tears in my eyes.
We're all here because we love our pets so much, we did our best and time comes we have to let them go.
They are with us forever.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy