Luke

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Donna

Luke

Post by Donna »

I have not posted for many months. In Nov. of 08 I found out my Luke's cancer had returned. This time as a tumor on his spleen and was spreading in his chest. He just got sick one day. I thought we were out of the woods after two years since the amputation. It was devastating news. The vet said he could live a few weeks or a few months. Well with a lot of prayer and his love of life he lived for four months. The last few weeks were not fun, but he ate till the last day. He died with me and my husband by his side one hour before we were to take him for his last visit to see our vet. We have his ashes here with us now. He was only seven years, much to young to die. I can't tell you what I learned about life and love in those four months, more that words can say. He was very brave and a real trooper and really tried so hard to still play. I miss him so much and will love him forever. He was a once in a lifetime dog. I didn't have very long with him when he lost his leg to cancer at five, but if I had not made that difficult decision to amputate I would never had had those extra two years. I guess what I am saying is that amputation isn't the end of the world and they do so well on three legs. If there is anyone out there wright now trying to make that decision, do it you will not be sorry. My Luke was an incredible three legged dog, as beautiful as any dog ever.

Donna
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Luke

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Oh, Donna! Giant tears for you and your husband! Luke was one lucky pup to have you for his family. Your post is choking with love and devotion and your loss cannot be measured. Thank you so much for your encouraging words for others who are in the same situation and who don't know what to do. You gave Luke the gift of life. Your experience will be invaluable to others who will find themselves on your same journey and I hope you stay to offer hope, experience, and the joy you found with your boy.

I am so very sorry. So very very very sorry for your loss. They do change us and make us into better human beings, don't they? Luke will live forever, and his legacy will be strength, love, courage, love, acceptance, love and joy.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
nez

Post by nez »

RIP luke, luke was a very lucky furbaby to have had you both as mom and dad.So sorry for your loss,and hope you find comfort in knowing luke was so loved and happy.We are so cheated with our furbabies,never enough time to love them. ,,, nez
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

Another sweet one lost..............but he's still with you, every day! It hurts , we all know, hopefully they are all playing together somewhere ans we will see them again some day...
You have a huge heart, he couldn't have asked for a better home.Hopefully your experiences will help many more dogs.

You're in our thoughts!
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
tessa

Post by tessa »

oh donna...i am so sorry. *tears*.
my heart goes out to you. you always had an encouraging story to share with us about luke...and that has meant so much for all of us. in fact...you are still sharing the encouragement of luke's brave journey even now. thankyou.
he was so lucky to have had you. not everyone has your courage. you and luke have, no doubt, made a big difference in the lives of others who have faced down the same terrible decisions that you two did. you both leave your legacy here on these boards. it's so valuable!

i am sending you big cyber hugs and lots of love.
xena and i will be keeping you and luke very close to our hearts.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

I am so very sorry for your loss...
You both went threw alot.
May time help heal your heart.
Caroline
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I am sorry you have lost a once in a lifetime dog. Yes, seven is too young, but thanks to you he had more time than he would have. You have helped so many people during the time you've been here and are still helping even in your time of sorrow. I am sorry for your loss. He was fortunate to have had you.