Goodbye Cookie Monster

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
LisainCAN

Goodbye Cookie Monster

Post by LisainCAN »

She was a long-haired tortoiseshell and only five years old. She was such a good girl. She let me cut matts off of her and she even nursed an orphan kitten along with her brood. I adopted her and her whole litter when she was a year old. Today, I held her as she snuggled her head into my side, under my arm, and I rocked her like a baby as she passed. The vet suspected a mouth tumour and it was getting fleshier by the week. Couldn't let her suffer so had to let her go. Vet is keeping her body for us. We will bring her to our new farm in two weeks and bury her there.

I feel terrible.
Dianne

Re: Goodbye Cookie Monster

Post by Dianne »

Oh Lisa, you take the very best care of your pets. I'm so sorry that she couldn't stay longer. :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I am so sorry ,it hurts to lose the ones you love.Again I am so sorry for your loss.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" Lord, help me be the kind of person that my dogs think I am. "
Christine

Post by Christine »

Lisa....I know this hurts. You are a wonderful mom to your pets. Sending you prayers and hugs from my end of the world. She was lucky to have you.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
tessa

Post by tessa »

that is very sad, lisa.
i'm so sorry for your loss.
nez

Post by nez »

RIP sweetie,,, she was so loved,and you let her go with love and no more pain.So sorry for your loss,our time with these furbabies is way too short... please take care of yourself,,,,nez
bbaugh

Post by bbaugh »

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Gracie (pug dog) on June 15th. It will take time to heal, it will never go all the way away. I like to think of the good times I had with my Gracie. Take care and have some kleenex ready. I am sorry I would have probably responded sooner I have been sick. Sorry you had to say goodbye to your Cookie Monster. I will be praying for you.
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Everyone has been so kind ... thank you.

On Monday my beloved Toed needs to be put down. She has chronic bacterial sinus infections (from rhinotracheitis) that have gone into the bone. We have tried everything from nasal flushes to special antibiotics. She has lost a lot of weight lately and is just not happy anymore.

Sigh.

This is what happens when you take in all the special little ones who need extra attention.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry. :cry: It always seems like they all get sick at the same time too; I'm always grateful for an attack of good health. Phoenix, my chronic snotter, sends hugs to Toed.
nez

Post by nez »

oh lisa, am so sorry for your loss,wow,,its so hard to lose our babies....deepest sympathy .rip sweeties
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

We have lost two cats to mouth cancer. It is a horrible and aggressive disease, and becomes extremely painful. You did the most humane thing possible for her. I think it is sweet that you are burying her on your new farm.

megapurrrrrrrrs
for CookieMonster, Toed, and you.

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Thank you for all your kind responses. We have picked out a beautiful spot for Cookie Monster.

Toed, however, is still alive. We decided to give her one last heroic effort because she was not ready to go. She is responding to the treatments pretty well. She has had chronic rhinotracheitis since we got her as a kitten and the ensuing bacterial infections have gone into the bone of her sinus cavity.

We lost our Husky-Greyhound Jake on Monday.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

purrrrrrs that Toed continues to respond to treatment!

and purrrs for Jake and you.

you're having a heck of a time :(

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"