Our Buddy

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
rookiemum

Our Buddy

Post by rookiemum »

Our Buddy had a really bad night last night, pacing, whimpering, crying. He saw a different vet today and she also was certain he has Lymphoma. We decided to let him go.
Our Buddy (July 1997 to October 3, 2009)
Our Buddy (July 1997 to October 3, 2009)
Pam
Caroline

Re: Our Buddy

Post by Caroline »

Hi Pam,
Who would have ever thought Bailey would outlive Buddy, it must have been real bad for you to let him go.
To see him suffer all night must have been so hard , you did right by Buddy no need to beat yourself up over that.
I still freak myself out thinking what if I had the funds to give Buster one more bladder surgery would I have put him threw that all over again?
As much as I miss that dog and I still do so very much ,deep in my heart I would have made the same choice for him all over again.
ITS is grieving that sets us back and that just takes time.
I am so sorry for your loss, I know what a sad household you must be living in today.
Tears and hugs for you and yours.
Caroline
beccachow

Post by beccachow »

You know the only ones who grieve are those of us left behind. Buddy is playing, warm and free, his sight and hearing returned, no pain, no confusion. And when it is time, you will all be reuinited again. Take comfort in knowing that it wasn't a long, drawn out thing for him and his crossing was peaceful.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I'm sorry for your loss. He had a long life filled with family and companionship and love, and it is wonderful that he lived to 14. The expected lifespan of a dalmatian is 11-14, he was very, very old. I hope you can take comfort in knowing what a great life he had, he couldn't have asked for better.

:candle:
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

awwwwwwwwww what a beautiful dog.
rest peacefully Buddy.
play with all our pets "up there" in a pain free world,
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your kindness.

Pam
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Nooo!! Not your beautiful Buddy! Pam, there are no words to give comfort, only hugs and I wish I were closer. Your Buddy was the luckiest pup in the world to have you as his mom, his champion, his caregiver, his love. I am so very sorry for your loss. He is free of pain, discomfort and nightmares now, and hold on to that. It will give you comfort. Whenever I get choked up about Jude, I remember his days of pain are over and that helps. You will miss your Buddy like CRAZY! Talk to him. It helps. Talk to him, cry with him, celebrate his life. I am so very sorry. Tails are lowered today. You have my deepest sympathy. He was a beautiful boy. Simply beautiful.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Jean

Post by Jean »

Pam,
He is strikingly beautiful. Try to find comfort in your memories with him and knowing that he is whole again.
My prayers are with you and your family. Sincerely, Jean
tessa

Post by tessa »

look at those eyes!
those are knowing eyes.

i know too well your pain.
i am speechless from the grief.

hold yourself, hug yourself, love yourself along with buddy.
it's a tough ride.
my heart goes out to you.
rookiemum

Post by rookiemum »

Thanks everyone, he was a beautiful, intelligent dog. We will miss him.

Poor Bailey has been so sad all day, he misses his big brother.

Pam
jazzybaby

Post by jazzybaby »

Pam
I am so sorry for you loss, you have to know you did everything you could for him. He had happy and long life. I know it hurts but he is no longer in pain and remember that you will be together someday. Give Bailey extta hugs and kisses. You guys are in in my thoughts and prayers.

Stacy
raiders mom

Post by raiders mom »

Pam, my sympathy at the loss of a beautiful friend.I will light a candle for Buddy tonight along with one for Xena, Pilea, Toby and my Sisters cat, Boris. They are all playing in the grass together at the Rainbow Bridge.