We put Sassy to sleep today

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Christine

Re: We put Sassy to sleep today

Post by Christine »

I know that was bittersweet for you. It does not take a minute to get attached. How lucky they are that you when the extra mile and cared. Sounds like there is a reason for the vacancy...maybe some more are going to show up needing your help. Happy New Year to you too. Don't be a stranger!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

oh that must be hard indeed, but I am sure you keep in contact with the new parents.
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
Les

Post by Les »

Thank you both for your kind comments. We surely will keep in contact with the new "parents". I don't know if any more will show up looking for help because the woman that helped us trap and neuter them said that they are a "colony" and will stick together and won't let any other cats in with them-we'll have to wait and see.

I am starting to feel better about it, but it sure was stressful catching them and throwing them into the carriers, and we didn't know which ones we would be able to get, etc. But I'm sure it will all end up fine. There is now more food for the ones left outside, although they surely aren't hurtin' because they all had some weight to them when I picked them up! And we MIGHT save some money but I doubt it! Deb wants to bring one of them in who is named Silver; he along with Slugger (one that was adopted last night) have always been her "favorites", so we should be able to add him with some ease as he is very friendly and wants to come in; she already "promised" him that he would come in, so there's no going back on our word, right? :D
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Les, your "Tails from the Wildside" are captivating and encouraging, and some bittersweet, but most of all sooo comforting to know these babies have you and Deb looking after them with not just four eyes, but two huge hearts. We love your updates. And peace to Sassy whose legacy will always be life and love.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

Hi Les,
Haven't been here in a while myself, but had a good New Year. Hope everyone else did as well. I'm so glad to hear about the adoptions. It's always hard to let go (as you well know, I don't let go of many...hahaha) but sounds like they'll have great homes. And I'm glad Deb wants to take another one in.

Trooper is doing FANTASTIC! I swear he'll be walking within 6 months, even if it's only on 3 legs, or on just his front legs. He's so active I have a hard time keeping up with him. The only part that needs work now is the hip area. I'm ordering a "kimble" book on my pc that teaches kitty massage to help in healing. Maybe if I massage the pelvic area of his back it will speed up the healing. His back legs move a lot now, and he's constantly up on his back "knees". It's truly amazing.

I'm also in the process of rescuing 2 more kitties from work. One I call Coe (like Zoe with a C) is a pretty gray calico who actually lets me pick her up and hold her, and another black one (nameless at the moment - still thinking about that one) who's still skittish. Wish me luck. I'll try not to stay away so long next time.
Trooper's mum
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"