Murphy died

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Dianne

Murphy died

Post by Dianne »

My almost 18 year old lap cat Murphy died tonight of CHF. I really didn't know it was time. We quietly buried him in the darkness in our backyard near his littermate Harley who died of CHF last September.
Christine

Re: Murphy died

Post by Christine »

Dianne, I am so sorry. 18 years is a long time and a lot of memories. I am so sorry.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Dianne I really have no words to tell you just how sorry I am. Murphy was a part of your life for so long. May he and Harley rest in peace.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Post by Bendy Kitty »

many many purrrrrs.
Your lap will be very empty now :(
sounds like he filled it for a long time.

mom will give extra hugs to everyone here tonite.

bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

They are always in your heart and part of you. As long as you remember him, he is still taking his place in your life. How fortunate that he was doing so well you didn't know it was time... I am sorry for the empty place in your house.
tessa

Post by tessa »

that must have been quite a shock.
my heart goes out to you.
18 years is a long, long time to have a friend, and then lose him.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Oh, Dianne! I am so very sorry! So very sorry. Your Murphy. 18 years. A lifetime. Dianne, when I lost my Buddy, I swore I would see him here and there, on the bed, coming out of the closet, on the corner of the dresser. BELIEVE, Dianne, if you think you see Murphy, BELIEVE.
I am so very sorry!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

:angel: another angel in pet heaven, rest in peace Murphy.....
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I'm sorry for your loss :cry:
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

I am so sorry for your loss.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Lord, help me be the kind of person that my dogs think I am. "
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

I just read about your Murphy and I am so sorry. I know the battle of CHF all too well, having lost several of mine to that, but you are so fortunate to have had him for so long. Sometimes I think it's a blessing not to really expect it when it does happen. It allows your baby to continue to experience "normal" days up until the very end. On the other hand, at times I've felt horribly guilty, wondering how I could have missed the signs that would have better prepared us both.

Eventually though, I accept it peacefully and without any doubts. Because in the quiet of the nights, when I've finally exhausted myself with endless questions and endless tears, I hear a faint whisper...somewhere deep inside my heart say, "Don't be sad. I let you have him for a long, long time because I love you. But I love him too... and I'm ready for him to come back home."
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Thank you everyone for your very kind replies. He ate well until the very last day, he climbed the stairs, he wanted held until the end. I just didn't expect it. If he had to go it couldn't have been any better.

In addition to the CHF he had an ulcerative skin cancer on his pink nose leather that the vet declined to removed because his heart wasn't strong enough. I knew I'd be facing PTS in a short while as squamous cell carcinoma is bloody and awful on the nose. But, it wasn't as large as a pencil eraser; we weren't close to that as yet.

He helped little Smithers adjust to our house, and for that we're grateful to him. He even allowed Smithers to nurse. Wow, what a guy. photo below.

Thank you, there is comfort troopersmommy: "Don't be sad. I let you have him for a long, long time because I love you. But I love him too... and I'm ready for him to come back home."

We put a granite marker on his little grave. It's been a week; we think we can go on again.
Attachments
Smithers and Murphy 001.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Awwwww!!!! I just LOVE that pic!!!! What a fantastic boy he was!!!! :hearts: :cry:
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

What a great photo! Looks like Murphy was a wonderful, loving caretaker... just like his mom. :wub:
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Wow! What a lover Murphy was! Takes after his mama. Murphy does live, Dianne, you just can't see him. And he lives in the spirits of all your other critters (sorry critters) and celebrates the love that he had with you.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/