Smokey passed away peacefully today

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Smokey passed away peacefully today

Post by Bendy Kitty »

yesterdy she lost interest in food, but not in life
today she lost interest in everything and just slep
her breathing became more shallow and she has just passed away.

Please purr for my mom and for Smokey's original owner.
please light a candle for this dear girl.
She was 17 and came here to retire, her original owner could not care for her but loved her very much and always kept in touch and made sure Smokey never wanted for anything.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... ng&gi=Smky
Attachments
Taken 11/11/09
Taken 11/11/09
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Smokey passed away peacefully today

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Bendy, I am so very sorry. I did read this a day ago, but had small emergency and couldn't respond. I am so thankful Smokey had you and yourma to die with. They take this memory to the Bridge. Love. Forever.
I had a Smokey. He died at the age of 2. He was bitten by a copperhead the year before, but doc said cats react locally and dogs and people systemically. He recovered from that, but I had him autopsied after his death, because I still had BuddyCat and was concerned.. Doc said all the tissues inside were oozing blood. I love Smokey, all of them, always.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Friend2Dogs

Post by Friend2Dogs »

Bendy ,I am so sorry, I am still grieving losing Mason ( along with the other loses I have had the last couple of yrs) and find it hard to say the right words when some one loses a cat ,dog ,or other pet that they love. All I can come up with I am so sorry, I know it hurts , but know Smokey was loved and felt that love.
Last edited by Friend2Dogs on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Lord, help me be the kind of person that my dogs think I am. "
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Bendy,

I have been up to my ears in sewing this week, just stopping to go in to work or sleep. Each and everyone of those babies is important to us and a loss for all. I have always admired the perserverance and care for those little ones, babies and seniors alike, saved, nurtured and loved by your mom for whatever time they are allowed to be with her. I am glad that Smokey had a peaceful passing, but I am sorry for those she left behind.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Les

Post by Les »

I am sorry to hear of this, but am happy that she passed with you and very peacefully. Our first cat that we took in back in 1995 was Smoke; she was with us a few years and died of a sudden heart attack. The vet said that happens to some strays, as they didn't have the proper nurition growing up. Whether that's true or not, she was a GREAT little cat, and started the tradition of us naming the other cats "S" names.

Smokey, our Smoke, our Sassy and ALL of our beloved pets are now healthy again and happy and playing together, waiting for our great reunion someday. God Bless you....
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

Bendy kitty, my heart reaches across the miles to you and your mommy's heart. being a rescuer, I know the love and the loss we feel when one we tended to and cared so deeply for crosses the bridge. know that the love you gave Smokey and so many others, will be felt many times over when they are all they to meet you when you cross the bridge.
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

My dearest Bendy, I'm soooo sorry for your loss. I bookmarked Smokey's candle along with Xena's and my Sugar's, so I can light candles before I fall asleep each night. :candle:

She was a beautiful girl with soulful eyes. Tearfully (I've been crying daily for 2 wks now), she reminds me of my Mr. Kitty. He's the oldest of my 22 "furbabies" (cats & dogs) and is going downhill rapidly. He's also around 17 and came to me years ago when his owner became ill and could no longer care for him. I had forgotten until now that his original name was Smokey, but was known as Mr. Kitty because he's so tall. He's diabetic and is losing weight. He's tired of daily injections & won't let me test his blood sugar anymore. Last week he went into insulin shock & I thought that was it. I held him for hours, giving him sips of Karo until he recovered, but he's not gaining weight, even though he's eating. He hates the vet and I just don't have the heart to put him through any more testing. I so hope that he goes peacefully like your Smokey cat. I have a feeling it won't be long now. :cry:
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"