Grete crossed over

For help and support with the passing of a pet. Sometimes we feel very alone. We're not alone.
Caroline

Grete crossed over

Post by Caroline »

At four and a half weeks I brought you home seventeen years latter you left me.
I knew this day would come and I thought I would handle it a bit better because you were so old , I cant belive how bad it really hurts to lose you Grete, maybe its because you were so little and never gave me a bit of trouble my little lap rat they called you, I wore you so well.
You had a real bad night and this am you just slipped away and I am so grateful to you that you even spared me a trip to the vet.
I hope Buster is there to greet you at the rainbow bridge you only out lived him by 6 months... the Boxer and the pom together once more.

Caroline

With eye up raised his master's looks to scan,
The joy ,the solace and the aid of man;
The rich man's guardian, and the poor man's friend,
The only being faithful to the end.
George Crabb
LisainCAN

Re: Grete crossed over

Post by LisainCAN »

Caroline,

I am so sorry. Your words are very moving.

Lisa.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Ohhh...your little cuddly friend, dear girl. Bless her heart. It sounds like she was perfect. I'm sorry. You need someone to snuggle, I hope your lap will not be empty for long. Some other dog needs you and the kind of life you give. She was a LUCKY dog. I'm so sorry for your loss. :candle:
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

It doesn't matter how long and well they live, Caroline, to have a life-long friend ripped from your fabric ... I know you are astonished how much it hurts. I know how much it hurts, because a life-time of love is not something we can readily accept and go on from. It hurts impossibly and we are right here. Grete was the lucky one, and she picked YOU! Seventeen years is beyond a lifetime of love, inspiration, love, acceptance, love, trust, love, joy and love. My deepest sympathies on your loss. I am so very sorry.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh Caroline, I am so sorry. You are still grieving for Buster, but maybe Grete knew he needed her. I know how hard this is. I always think that no matter how much time you had together, it is never enough. Take comfort in knowing that yours had gentle passings from the arms of one angel to another. As Karen said, we are here for you.

Love,
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Thank You!!
It really helps to know that you all care.
Yes I miss her very much a real void not to have her here anymore down right strange after all those years.
No Carol, I will not be getting anther one right now....
Thank God for Diesel I made the right choice getting him after Buster passed or I would be down beyond belief, He and Coco have both been sick.
Most likely something he picked up at the dog park. I did take both to the vet so hopefully they will get better soon.
Miss Coco stayed at Gretes side all night before she passed away.
This picture of Grete was taken this year. She was such a sweet tiny doggie.
Grete
Grete
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

Oh, what a sweet little bear. I was okay till I saw her picture, now the tears won't stop falling. Maybe Buster boo went first to prepare the way for Grete, so she wouldn't be afraid. I bet he was there to welcome her with lots of puppy kisses. I'm sorry for your losses. I know how hard it is to lose them close together like that. It is never easy, but thank goodness you have Diesel and Coco to help you through the tough times. I'll light candles for both your angels tonight. :angel:
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Thank you Troopersmommy,
It means alot to have kind words from nice people such as yourself.
I dont know what the candel thing is I have tried to light some for otheres but never can seem to find the page of there pet.
I really miss my Grete the first week I would wake in the night thinking I heard her bark to be let in. She always made it out the dog door but never back in by herself. I aso find myself reaching down to give her a petting next to my pc chair because she would hang out with me there on her little blanket.
Like I said before it is so strange not to have her next to me... she was my shadow for 17 years.
A few days after she went I took Diesel my boxer pup to the dog park and headed over to the small dog area just hoping to get a glimse of a pom, no pom was to be seen .
Then I scanned the big dog area and low and behold there was a large Native American man on the far end of the park with a tiny black pom named Sara, it was such a comfort to hold his little girl and to tell him all about Grete. Just like Grete; Sara liked to hang with the big dogs lol.
Caroline

There's just something about dogs that makes you feel good.You come home, and they're thrilled to see you.
they're good for the ego.
-Janet Schnellman
troopersmommy

Post by troopersmommy »

Hi Caroline,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I've had a lot of close calls with my babies over the last 4 weeks, but fortunately they're all okay now (3 got real sick, 1 fell and had a huge hematoma on his head).

I've lit a candle :candle: for your babies again and I'm pasting the url for you to see it. It will disappear in 48 hours, but you can start it up again if you want. Whenever you want to find someone's candle they need to tell you the group initials so that when you go to the site, you type the initials in where it says "group search" and it will pop up. I gave your candle the group initials "B & G". Hope you can see this okay.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/can ... %20%26%20G

troopersmommy
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
tessa

Post by tessa »

oh gosh...i missed this thread.
so sad.
i'm so sorry. seventeens years. it hurts so much. i know it.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Thank you,
Yes one gets their heart broke over our fur buddies and no two are ever alike.
I was never allowed to have a dog or cat as a child. I got my 1st dog when I turned 18 and was so broken when she crossed over that I did not get anther one for 4 years.
Now I know I would never heal over the loss's If I did not have at least one in my life at all times.
I loved them all, and I love my new Boxer pup very much. However Buster and Grete are always in my daily thoughts and I still feel lucky that I got to share my life with them for as long as they were allowed to stay on this earth.
All the people on HandicappedPets are very special folks and their pets are very lucky to be with them. There are so many pets that need good homes.
Caroline

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring---- it was peace.
--------Milan Kundera
SAR01

Post by SAR01 »

I just saw this, too, it;s been a month, but I will still hold you in prayer for I know the empty space there on your lap.

I am so glad you have a new puppy.